Chapter 33

You fell asleep quickly, only to be woken up by a horrible nightmare. Something dark and evil was chasing you. Like all dreams that involve running, you couldn't run fast enough. You woke up as soon as the shadow was going to catch you. You were a bit shaky and terrified but calmed down as you recalled where you were. The lighting in the room was still dark. It must still be night time. You picked up your phone from the nightstand to look at the time. It was 3:59am. You really didn't sleep for that long. You wanted to go back to sleep but the shadow seemed to be lurking in your head still. You reached for your water bottle but it wasn't there. You then remembering leaving it in the fridge and never got it before bed. Well a little walk down stairs should be okay. You left your room and tried to be quiet as you went down the stairs. All the lights were off and everything was quiet. You thought everyone would still be awake, but maybe they left early. You opened the fridge in the kitchen and found your water bottle. It was cold and you nearly drunk the whole bottle in one go. Who knew nightmares made you so thirsty. You refilled your bottle and turned around to go back to your room. You froze at the bottom of the stairs as you heard light footsteps coming down. All you saw was a dark shadow get closer. You didn't say anything as your nightmare came back to your mind. The fear quickly passed as a voice came from the figure. A beam of moonlight illuminated their face. "(Y\N) what are you doing up so early?" asked Gackt. You could say the same thing. "I forgot my water bottle in the fridge. I always have one with me at night" you answered as you breathed a sigh of relief. "I see. Is everything all right? You sound a little frantic" ,Gackt seemed to instantly read you. "I'm alright. I just woke up from a nightmare it all" you told him. You weren't sure if you could fall asleep this time honestly. "Would you like me to come lie down with you? Just for a few minutes?" Gackt suggested. It's like he was reading your thoughts this whole time. It did sound like a good idea though. Maybe it's just what you need. "If you don't mind, I would like it a lot" you agreed.

Gackt took you by the hand and lead you back upstairs to your room. You set your water bottle on your night stand and checked the time again. Gackt waited until you were lying down in bed to join you. His warmth instantly put you at ease. "So what were you doing up this early?" you asked letting out a yawn. "I actually just woke up. I felt like something was wrong. But now that I think about it, maybe it was because of your nightmare" he told you. At this point, nothing could surprise you anymore. Gackt's seemingly blood connection to you seemed to appear in many shapes and forms. It may not be explainable but nothing vampire related was logical anyways. "Makes sense to me. It was like you read my mind by assuming something was off. I'm sure we have alot to learn about this connection of ours" you said getting more sleepier by the minutes passed in his arms. You didn't realize how quickly you were fading into unconsciousness. Although you did manage to hear Gackt say good night before falling asleep.

You woke up a little later than usual. 11:24 am. You haven't slept that late in a long time. You moved to get up but you felt something almost holding you down. You looked down to see an arm wrapped around your waist. Well so much for Gackt lying down for a few minutes. Guess he fell asleep as quickly as you did last night. "Gakuto...起きてください(please wake up)" you told him. You waited for a response, "いいえ (no)" he said half asleep.  You wouldn't mind lying down all day either. "It's almost noon" you tried to pull away but he only kept you down. "Noon? I'll let you go under one condition" he compromised. "And that is?" you were listening. "I'll take you home after dinner" he told you. Well you never gave a time you would be back and who knows when you'll be able to spend the whole day with him. Surely the girls would understand. "You got yourself a deal. Now please let me go. I have to use the restroom really bad" you pleaded. Gackt let you go and you went to go do your business. When you returned, you expected him to be somewhere else but he was still lying in the bed.  "Gackt you can't lie in bed all day. What time did you go to bed last night?" you asked. "After I lied down with you...." he replied with his face in the pillow. That was like 4 o clock in the morning! Did he really stay up with everyone that late? No wonder why he's tired. "I see. Well we don't have to go out today if you're that tired. We can have a lazy day" you suggested. You enjoyed going outdoors with him, but all day inside isn't a bad idea either. "I like the sound of that. Maybe we can go swimming in a little bit later" he sat himself up. Swimming? "Wait you have a pool?" you said surprised. Since when? You moved the blinds covering the window. Holy crap he does have a pool. How did you not notice that before? Guess it never came to mind before. Although this is a big house so a pool is kind of expected. Only one problem. You didn't bring a bathing suit at all. "I haven't gone swimming in a while. But I also don't have anything to swim in" you confessed. Gackt had stood up finally to stretch, "Don't worry. I think my cousin left hers here a long time ago. She never swims so I doubt she'll need it anytime soon" said Gackt. You hoped it was at least decent looking. But beggars can't be choosers. Also it would nice to go swimming. Especially if you could see Gackt' shirtless again.