Chapter 26

You stood there with him for awhile. You couldn't help but stay right next to him or pull yourself away. What was going on in Gackt's head when that man told him about his daughter? Was he horrified? Did he really think he was the one who was responsible? Must be awful to feel that way. You couldn't relate but you could sympathize. And if they really did date at one point, he must have had feelings for her. That only must've added to the pain. You stroked his back and tried to think of something to brighten up this glum moment. You didn't want him to be depressed for the rest of the day. Why did that guy have to call you? What did he have to gain? It's all his damn fault. You'd be happy to kick him right in his balls if you had the chance. You sighed as you let the thought pass and started humming. Like if your mind was one of you playlists, you hummed to the tune of "Hoshi no Suna". It was a calm and gentle song that you felt would help him feel better becasue it helped you feel better. You were a little quiet at first but you soon cheered up some as you kept going. You just imagined the song playing in your ears as you hummed along like it was a lullaby. It didn't take long for him to catch on and start singing.

"Sameta hitomi no oku de nikushimi wo dakishimenagara

jibun o urande mo itami wa kie wa shinai
Eien ni ikiru kanashimi o dakishimete"

In no time you could feel his body ease up from being tense. His arms had moves down to wrap around you waist and the two of you started gently swaying as if dancing to a slow song. "What are you two doing?" a voice suddenly disrupted the moment. Ren had stepped in. "Uh..dancing I guess" you replied a tad embarrassed. "Well you're food is going to get cold at this rate" said Ren. Oh shoot. You totally forgot the two of you were eating before all of this happened. You ate quite a bit so you weren't hungry anymore. "I forgot all about that. Would you like to finish our meal (Y\N)?" asked Gackt. "My stomach is pretty full so we should just put the rest away. Unless you want it Ren" you offered. "If it's alright with you, I'll finish it" Ren said. "Sure go ahead" Gackt agreed.

This time when evening came around, Gackt had you home early. "I'll be a little busy for the next few days. But I'll make sure to work on my song for you. I want you to be at my studio when I first record it" Gackt told you before you stepped out of the car. Really!? "That would be amazing Gackt!" you said happily you would have the honor of hearing it first. He kissed your cheek, "I'll text you on my breaks and let you know my schedule" he said. This man was too damn sweet! "Sure thing. Bye" you said a bit flustered. You'll never get used to him kissing you. You want the butterflies in your stomach to return again and again. You went inside and told the girls about your day. Much of it you had to work out. Although you just said that Yoshi worked at a studio and that he showed you around. Wasn't too far from the truth. "I wonder who he works for. It must be someone really good if he's busy all the time" wondered Yui. "There's a lot of possibilities. Maybe he'll tell me sometime" you said blending. "Imagine he worked for Gackt. He does know you're a fan right?" suggested Sam. Oh he knows alright. "He would've told me don't you think" you replied. "Maybe not, you are pretty obsessed with him. I'm sure Yoshi wants you all to himself" added Yui. Dancing around the subject was a little bit harder than you thought. A part of you wanted to say something, but you knew the best thing was to keep quiet. Also you wouldn't say anything without having Gackt's permission. This was just as important to him as it was to you. "If we ever all go out again, you guys can ask him who he works for. If you're that curious" you told them. Who knows when that will be though. "I'll see if I can find some local events. They have stuff all the time in the summer" said Yui as she looked on her phone. And you thought you were crazy to find out things.

You woke up the next day to a phone call. The number was unknown just like last time. If that guy thought he could get a hold of you again, then he's sadly mistaken. You blocked the number. That should set him straight. Hopefully you didn't screw up. Nah. It's not one of those stupid cop shows on TV. Highly unlikely. You put your phone on silent and went back to bed for another hour.

When you woke up, you remembered to text Gackt about getting another call. You told him that you blocked the number just in case. You didn't get his reply until later. He told you to be careful and not to go out alone. If this guy is willing to kill somebody, then it would be alot safer to stay with a crowd. It was scary to think that this guy was trying to get under your skin. It may be harmless calling now. But who knew what he had planned. As long as Gackt told Ren about this, then surely they must be able to do something about it.