Chapter 36

A few days later, you had planned the trip to the mall with your friends and invited Sakura along, saying that she was Yoshi's cousin. "Hey guys. I think we should have a safe word just in case we get lost or something bad happens. I know we have phones and all but I still think we should have a code word" you brought up on the car ride there. "(Y\N) has a point. I'm sure if it's crowded we can loose each other" agreed Sakura. "Sounds like a good idea. What should the code be then?" asked Sam. The only thing you could think of was superman. Knowing that if anything happened to you, Gackt would come save you like a personal superhero. "How about Superman or something like that?" you suggested. "There is a store that has comic books and manga. I'm sure they would have superman stuff there. I think it's good" said Yui. Let's just hope none of us had to use it today. You had ample protection from Sakura and the boys who were not too far away.

It was around 5 o'clock when you guys arrived at the mall. It was starting to get dark, but nothing you should worry about if you were gonna be inside most of the time. You were having a good time with the girls and everything was going well. Sakura hadn't got any text from the guys so that's a good sign.

About two hours later, you all were checking out a clothing store. Everything looked so cute, you wanted to take it all home. But no way you could stuff that all in suit case. "I'll be right back. I have to use the rest room. I saw one not too far from here, so I won't be long", Sakura had excused herself. You made sure to stay closer to Sam and Yui as she was gone. You were checking out a rack of jacket when you felt something poke you in the back. You excepted the the worst and it was. "Tell your friends you're going on a little walk" said the person low and slow behind you. You could only guess he was hiding a gun or a knife that was poking you. You froze up, knowing who it was. Genjou. Why did he have to take it this far? Okay. Just stay calm and use the code word. "Hey guys. I'm gonna go check out the superman shirts next door" you tried to be as calm as possible. You could see them both stiffen, almost in disbelief that something was happening. "Sure. We'll catch up later" said Sam not turning around to look knowing there was probably someone else there with you. You let Genjou lead you out of the store and didn't say a word. Hopefully the boys had gotten a warning and were on the way to get you.

Gackt's POV

Yoshiki, Kai and I were hanging out in one of the stores on the first floor of the mall. The girls were up on the second. I got a call from Ren. This could only be bad news. I picked up, "He's here isn't he?" was the first thing I said. "It's a possibility. We just checked his house and see no sign of him. Call Sakura and let her know" replied Ren. I could feel a knot in my stomach. Why did this asshole have to do this? "I will" I said before hanging up to call Sakura. I had told her what Ren said. "I'm on my way from the bathroom. I was gone for only a few minutes" she says obviously rushing back. I could hear her talk to the other girls. "Hey. Where did (Y\N) go?" Sakura asked. If she's asking that, it could only mean..... "Sakura she used the code word. We think someone took her" replied one of the girls. I felt my heart sink and I let go of my phone without a word. I'm not sure what the girls were going to do, but I needed to act fast. I picked up my phone, "Sakura where are you?" I asked in a hurry. "Second floor. Momo's Boutique" she replied. I hung up and started running. "Hey! Where are you going!?" I heard Yoshiki call me but I had no time to explain. I saw them eventually follow me. I'm sure they knew what was up.

I ran through the crowds with ease, not bumping into anyone. I made my way up stairs and stopping in front of Momo's Boutique. Genjou had to have taken her elsewhere. But where? Yoshiki and Kai finally caught up. "No sign of her?" asked Yoshiki. "No shit sherlock. Gackt you need to track her down. You're the only one who can since you've tasted her blood" said Kai. Track her? I think I only did that once, but I wasn't in control of myself in that moment. "I don't know how to" I admitted frustrated. "A trick that works for me is thinking about their blood. It sort of activates your instincts. You should catch her scent in no time" Kai told me. I nodded. I needed to focus. I closed my eyes and tried to picture her. I bit her not too long ago. I should still remember the taste of her blood. I thought of biting her. The taste of her blood flowing into my mouth. The addictive taste. It made me crave it. My fingers slightly twitched and my fangs started to grow. When I had opened my eyes, it was like I could see a clear trail. I could smell her scent now. I didn't say anything, I just started running. Following the fresh trail.