Chapter 38

Gackt had frozen and instantly clutched his stomach in pain, sliding down to his knees. The gunshots had taken you by surprised even though you knew Genjou had a gun in his possession.  You looked at Kai and Yoshiki. They didn't budge. You prayed it was for good reason. "Not even immortal beings like you can withstand gunshot wounds. Especially if you happen to bleed out. As long as you die, I don't care what your friends do to me" Genjou had said. This dirty bastard! You had to kick him in his balls! Sure you were just human and not all that strong, but if Gackt was there to protect you, then you were going to do the same and protect him. 

You caught Yoshiki and Kai by surprised, when you ran full speed at Genjou as his back faced you. You felt a mix of anger and pain as your vision blurred with tears. You didn't have much of a plan rather to do anything you could. This piece of trash didn't deserve any mercy for wanting revenge on something he didn't understand fully. You picked up a chair and swung it at Genjou's legs. He fell to his knees. You gathered more strength to swing the chair again. But before you could, all you registered was a clicking noise. "I knew I should've killed you before hand" snarled Genjou as he pulled the trigger. A bullet has flew into your shoulder, causing you to drop the chair immediately. The rushing adrenaline had aided you from feeling much pain, you were mostly in shock from what had just happened.

You almost lost your will to stand. You felt someone catch to hold you place and pull you back. As you almost blankly stared ahead of you, you saw Gackt rise back to his feet. "I was going to show mercy and let you live. But no more! That last act has granted you death!" Gackt had howled in anger. For a moment, everything had blacked out. It was the same feeling as before, when Gackt first bit you. You kept going in and out of conciseness. Genjou was screaming bloody murder. His screams turned to gurgles as you saw blood splat across the floor. Genjou's hands had covered his throat and his body fell over. Genjou flopped around like a fish out of water for awhile before finally stopping. It was clear, he was dead now.

As you calmed down, you felt the pain growing in your shoulder. It really hurt bad. "Everything will be okay now. When you wake up, you won't be in pain anymore" Gackt had approached and kneeled besides you. He had pulled you into his embrace. You could see blood on his hands. He must look pretty bad right now. You thought. Slowly, you felt yourself grow tired. You wanted to ask Gackt if he was alright. But you fell asleep before you could.

A few hours later......

You woke up in a different place. Everything was quiet and comfortable. It took you a minute to comprehend where you were. Back at Gackt's place. You were lying in the guest room where you last slept. You thought everything that had just happened was just a dream, but when you felt a stinging come from your arm, you knew it wasn't.  You saw that someone had bandaged your wound.  A knock at the door drew your attention. Yui and Sam let themselves in. For a minute, you were speechless. How did they get here? Did Gackt reveal his secret to them? "(Y\N) I'm so happy you're alright. I thought we lost you for sure" said Yui as the two hugged you. You were still a bit groggy, "Wait. How did you two get here?" you asked. "Yoshi brought us here. He didn't exactly tell us what happened but I guess it's alright considering you turned out alright" smiled Yui. "I hope Yoshi gave that bastard who took you a piece of his mind. I hope he rots in prison" said Sam. Genjou certainly will be rotting alright. You breathed a sigh of relief, knowing that Gackt had kept his secret. Although, eventually you would have to tell the two of them. But for now, you'll just appreciate that this drama is finally over.

Gackt eventually came into the room to check up on you. Of course in his disguise. "(Y\N) I'm glad you are finally awake" he smiles. He looked fresh from a shower. Probably for the best since he was all bloody and bruised from that fight. "I still don't feel 100 percent to be honest" you replied. Everything you remembered just hit you like a train, mentally and physically. You may feel bad now, but you knew you would feel better soon. Especially with Gackt around. "You just need to relax. I know Yoshi will make his princess comfortable until she's all better" said Sam adding an extra emphasis on 'princess'. You blushed a bit, " Princess? You got it all wrong. (Y\N) is my queen" Gackt said quite elegantly. "I need to find me a good man like Yoshi, honestly" sighed Yui. "Maybe Yoshi has some single guy friends" Sam nudged Yui to cheer her up. Everything seemed like it was back to normal, though not exactly.

Sam and Yui left in peace knowing you were alright where you were. You had walked with them to the front door and saw them off. It was getting dark soon anyways. Which was good because you wanted to spend the rest of the night with Gackt. "You have good friends" Gackt told you getting a little more intimate. He had gently rubbed his head against you like an affectionate feline. "I know. I love them very much. But I can't hide how wonderful you are from them forever you know. I trust them with everything and I want to trust them with your secret. With your permission of course" you told him what was on your mind. Gackt held your hand, his thumb  caressing your palm. He sighed, " I agree with you. If you trust them, so do I. Although, I feel like it should wait a bit. I want all this tension to have settled down"  he replied softly. There are a lot of things to be considered and more to discuss. Like at the pool party, what was going to be you future with Gackt if you lived in America? You could move here, but how so soon?