1:4

after less than ten minutes of running, the group had covered over 9 miles of ground between themselves and the place where they technically 'grew' up.

jungkook slowly stopped running, resting himself on one of the long brown things sticking out the ground.

everyone joined him after a while, they all sat in a circle, all eyes on c5.

"who's here and who's not?" jungkook asked the group, scanning over the heads and seeing less than 13 people with him.

c2 did a head count, "there's three missing."

"c4, c6 and d3 aren't here!" d1, one of the robots who he sat with at lunch announced, "did they not come?"

"i don't remember them following us c5, i think they stayed," c7 said. she looked around the forest to see if she could see anyone else apart from themselves.

"shit," jungkook muttered but then shrugged, 'that was their own choice' c5 thought. "we're going to have to break everyone's trackers and the surveillance in our heads so they can't see where we are," jungkook said tiredly, "does anyone know where they're kept?"

d2, one of the robots who put up his hand, "the camera is placed in our ear lobe," d2 replied, showing c5 the small black object in the centre of his ear, it looked like a small piercing, "and the tracker is behind our ear."

"great thanks d2," jungkook smiled at him and proceed to slide a knife out of his sleeve, he had stolen this of a guard as he was running past earlier.

c5 took the knife and brought it closer to his skin. without hesitation, he got the camera out in one swift motion.

the blood came pouring down his hand but he didn't pay any mind to it. 'freedom' he thought.

jungkook continued to take the tracker out of his ear, and then when he did, the pain suddenly came.

"oh god," c5 muttered. he ignored the feeling he felt and got some bandages from a compartment in his body scientists used incase someone got injured, that came out when he pressed a button on his wrist, and wrapped his ear. "who's next?" he asked.

d1 and d4 came forwards, being the most reckless robots here with them.

jungkook proceeded to take both camera and tracker out of their body's and wrap their ears, not liking the fact he had to harm people he grew up with.

in less than 10 minutes they were done and that's when jungkook heard a helicopter getting closer to them, along with motorbikes and cars.

"we've gotta go guys, come on!" c5 shouted just as he wrapped d6's ear in bandage.

jungkook took off running, the rest of the group following after him quickly, running through the hundred of long brown standing logs that he eventually learnt were trees.

c5 heard a groan from behind him, it was c9, she had hit her head on a tree branch since she hadn't been looking in front of her.

jungkook told everyone to continue running and ran back to see c9.

when he came over, the older robot asked, "are you alright c9?" she didn't reply. c5 looked in her eyes and he noticed how she wasn't focusing on his face, "that makes sense."

"what does c5?" jungkook jumped out of his skin, and turned around quickly, it was just c6.

wait— "c6?!" the older robot asked in surprise, "what are you doing here? i thought you didn't come with us?"

"i didn't, i'm here to take you all back." c6 said with a sinister smile. this smile then disappeared and he looked c5 dead in the eye, "don't make this harder for everyone."