1:15

the rest of the night is uneventful. jungkook continues to look up at the ceiling of one of jimin's guest bedrooms, his previous decisions and actions eating away at him.

jungkook prefers to not sleep these days. recently, he's been getting reoccurring nightmares about the time he escaped the facility. the dreams were graphic, so graphic that jungkook prefers to not think about them, but being in a quiet room, in the dark, there's not much to think about other than his fears and worries.

he thinks about what has happened in the last few months, escaping the place he was made, running across the country with the other robots, sailing his way across the sea, jackson robbing a bank, them buying their current apartment with the stolen money, getting enrolled into school. it was wild, from start to finish, though jungkook couldn't really say finish yet since his story was far from completed.

the robot sighed, reaching for his phone that was laying somewhere in the bed around him. he felt around for a bit before he hit something. the thing was hard and cold.

jungkook's eyebrows furrowed as his right hand wrapped around the unfamiliar object, the object was around where his hip was. he squeezed the object lighty, noting the fact that it could be compressed, to an extent, under his grip.

the thing that really shook him was the small breaths he heard from under his blanket, almost like a dog was under them, or even scarier, a human.

jungkook jumps up, turns on the small bedside lamp and pulls the covers off quickly. there he sees himself and his bed covered in a red liquid, this liquid smelling like copper. blood, jungkook concluded.

the next thing he notices is that there is a body in his bed. the fact it's a body of someone who he doesn't know is the thing that scares jungkook more.

jungkook screams in horror as the person starts to crawl towards him, muttering something what would haunt the robot for the rest of his days, "why'd you kill us jungkook? you didn't have to kill me, i have family! you know how important family is right? right?!"

jungkook screams once again, thrashing in his bed so his back collides against the headboard. the man continues to crawl closer, "why'd you kill us jungkook? did you like the way our bones and skulls were crushed as you flung a metal door at us? did you? did you?!"

jungkook sits up, a scream leaving his mouth once again. the robot didn't register the fact he had just sat up, despite sitting against a headboard seconds earlier and continued to scream like his life depended on it.

"jungkook!!! jungkook calm down!!" someone called to him. unfortunately the call doesn't register in the robots brain, instead it becomes muffled, almost as if he was underwater.

"b..th j..ungkook, bre..th jung..ok." a loud breathing sound came from over head and, for some reason, that was the only thing jungkook could focus on.

he synced his breathing to the other persons with difficulty. his breathing was way to laboured to get it under control completely. he felt short of breath and that made jungkook panic more.

the breathing became louder and jungkook tried to concentrate on it. he did and slowly, but surely, the robots breathing became slower and his hearing stopped sounding like he was underwater.

jungkook felt someone's hands run through his hair slowly in a comforting way, almost like he had done with yoongi earlier.

the robot continued to be tense until he realised what had happened. he'd fallen asleep while looking at the ceiling and hadn't even noticed. he'd had a nightmare, a realistic one at that. jungkook relaxed, a sob escaping his throat.