0

Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring.

          It takes me a second, but eventually, I open my eyes. Jesus... What time is it? Who's calling me? I pick up my phone, looking at the caller ID; an unknown number. The area code doesn't even look familiar. And why would someone be calling at 2:45 am?

          Even with the suspicious situation, I answer the call: "Hello? Who is this?" My voice was low. Hoarse. I need a cup of water.

          "Oh- Oh no. I am so sorry, miss. I was meaning to call my friend, I must have put the number in wrong."

          The man's voice was soft. He had an accent, but I couldn't place it at the moment. It was too late... Well, early, I guess.

          "No, it's okay," I yawned, rubbing my eyes. "You call a lot of people at 2 in the morning?"

          "Ma'am, I am so sorry. Where I'm from, it's currently 10 am. My friend was up and we were gonna play a video game. I'm sorry if I woke you. I really am." He was quiet for a second. "I'm guessing you're in California, huh?"

          I don't answer his question for a few reasons: 1. Um, that's creepy and 2. I just wanted to go back to sleep. I told him it was okay and that I accepted his apology. I hung up before he could say another word, laying back down in my bed and letting my unconsciousness take over my body once more.