20

"Hey," I mumbled after grabbing the phone from Carson. "What's up?"

"I want to go on a Minecraft date with you when you get home. June is just so-"

"Far from now?" I chuckled softly. 

"Yes. Exactly."

"I'd love to. I'll call you on Discord when I'm ready, alright?"

"Uh, well, yeah. Actually, Schlatt will be there too. Uh- he's setting everything up, I mean. So we'll just tell you what server we're in, yeah? And... maybe we could stream it. If you want," Wilbur said. I could tell that he was nervous. It was pretty cute.

"Alright, yeah." I smiled to myself.

Then he asked, "Can you put me on speaker so I can say something to your chat?"

"Sure," I nodded, putting him on speaker.

"Okay, here's the thing, chat. Stop shipping Carvee or Veeson or whatever, alright? They're just friends. Every one of the other guys? Just her friends. Me? Me, well... I'm the only exception, you hear?" Wilbur laughed to himself. And I watched the chat explode.

jschlatt: HA LET'S GO FUCKERS

callmecrazy: WAIT WHAT?!

jvsoot: aw wait that's kinda cute!

numlunch: she's gonna end up using all of them.

reiderspies: POG!

katerino: simp

Mostly everything that was said was something along those lines. Numlunch's comment kind of stung, but they weren't the only one saying that... There were a few other comments just like it and those were the ones that stuck out to me.

"Kate, shut up. I'm not a simp!" Wilbur said, "I just found a really, really nice Ukraine girl that I could actually talk to and got to know. And after these few weeks of getting to know her, I learned that she and I have much in common and yeah."

"You're a fucking simp, dude!" Carson laughed as I felt my face heat up slightly after hearing Wilbur say those things about me. 

"I am not a simp!" Wilbur laughed.

As they were laughing, I thought to myself; why would Wilbur pick me? Wilbur's amazing. He's sweet, funny, charismatic, handsome... And yet out of everyone on the planet, he chooses me. When he could have any girl he wanted, he wants me. Why?

"Vee, you good?" Cooper asked. I just nodded, standing up.

"I just need a cup of water, I think. I'll be back."

Walking to the kitchen, I looked down at my hands before rubbing the dampness off on Carson's sweatpants. I don't know how they started sweating in the first place. Maybe I was nervous. I didn't feel nervous...

I sighed, grabbing a glass from the one Noah did earlier and filled it up with water. I let out a deep breath before putting the rim of the cup up to my lips. I stopped when I heard footsteps behind me and turned around. It was Cooper. "Hey," I said.

"Hey," he chuckled. "What happened back there?"

I sighed again. "I don't know. I just- I don't want you guys or Wilbur to get a bunch of hate because of me. And I don't know why Wilbur decided he liked me, or if he even actually does. If I hadn't bumped into Carson while I was working, I'd be at work right now and then go home and do my daily routine of nothing."

"Vee. I know Wilbur likes you. He has for a while."

"What?" I asked.

"Remember when he joined the server for the first time? And I asked you what you thought of him?" 

I nodded, "Yeah, why?"

He said, "He asked me to. He was nervous to talk to you and he knew just from what he had heard from Carson and Travis that he wanted to get to know you. He wanted me to be his wingman, but now Schlatt is apparently. He really does like you, Vee. And if we all get hate, so what? Wouldn't be the first time."

"He's liked me the whole time?"

"Pretty much. He just wanted to get to know you before he made any moves. He's a really nice guy, Vee."

"But me?" I asked, "Why?"

Cooper just shrugged. "He's not the only one."

"What? Who else? You?"

"No- Not me. I'm not allowed to say. I don't even know who it is- Carson's the one that dose," he said, walking back into the living room. 

I decided I'd ask Carson about it later if I remembered to. It didn't bother me that much. I went back out to the living room and saw the guys talking to my chat. Travis noticed my comeback and said, "Hey, Wilbur had to go. He said he'd see you later."

I smiled softly, nodding. "Alright," I said, sitting down next to him.