9

"Vee, who are you talking to that actually has you awake on time?" she joked, walking over to me.

          "It's nobody," I said, moving my phone away from her so she couldn't see Wilbur.

          "Wow. That hurt," he chuckled. It was at that moment that I wished I would've muted him, or paused it, or something.

          Elena's face lit up. "Is that- Oh my god, Vee, that cannot be who I think it is! Is that-"

          I groaned, "It's Wilbur. Please calm down. He's my friend now. Just- get out please."

          "Okay, fine, but you're gonna tell me everything later! Bye Wilbur!" she shouted as she walked out. "And actually get ready for work!"

          I sighed. "I'm sorry about that, Will. I-"

          Wilbur raised his eyebrow. He chuckled, "A fan, huh? Does that mean you already knew who I was too?"

          "No! No, I had no idea who you were until after I met Carson." I explained, "My roommate is a fan. When she found out I was friends with Carson and Travis, she mentioned you, telling me I had to meet you. And then I met you on the server and-"

          "Vee. It's okay. I believe you. Plus, I'm pretty sure I was there for the rest of this story," he joked. "How'd she describe me? Well, I hope."

          "Well indeed. She showed me a few pictures and told me that you're just the greatest, and-"

          He interrupted me. "Do you agree with her? Y'know, since you kind of know me now."

          I was taken back by this question. What if I said yes? Would he think that it's weird, or did he want me to say yes? Or maybe he was just looking to boost his ego. No, I don't think Wilbur's like that. It had to be that he was just genuinely curious, right? Maybe I was thinking about it too much. I must have been thinking about it for too long because Wilbur spoke up and said, "Nevermind. You don't have to answer that." 

          "No, I'll answer it. Sorry, I was just thinking. I think you're great. I really do," I said, looking at the time. "I should probably start getting ready for work if I wanna be on time."

          "Oh. Yeah... I'll talk to you later, yeah?"

          I nod. "Yeah. Bye, Will."

          After he says a small goodbye, I hang up the FaceTime and I start getting ready for work.