22

sorry for the late update!! i lost track of time. :(
this chapter is really short but hope that's okay..

"No, no, you can't do that!" I laughed.

"Why not?" Travis asked. "It's blue-"

"It was blue before Noah changed the color to yellow if you were listening!"

Yeah, I was playing Uno with Travis, Noah, and Cooper. Carson had left the house to go get something from the store, I think. I'm not sure. I wasn't paying attention.

"What, no, he didn't change the color!"

"I did, actually," Noah laughed.

Then the front door slammed open out of nowhere and a tall guy with short brown hair walked in. "Alright, alright. The party's here guys, no need to worry!" he laughed. His voice sounded so familiar, but I couldn't figure out who it was. I looked at Cooper, confused.

"I thought you weren't coming for another week," Noah said, getting up to hug the stranger.

"Yeah, well, I decided to come earlier. Ted and Charlie might, too. Not sure yet."

"Cooper," I whispered. "Coop."

"Yeah?"

"Who is that?"

"Oh, it's Schlatt. You've never seen his face before?"

That's why his voice was so familiar. I got up quickly and walked over to him. "Schlatt! Hey. I didn't know it was you at first-"

"Vee?" he smiled. He quickly hugged me and I hugged him back. He was warm. "Jeez, Wilbur wasn't kidding when he said you were short. I could like-" He picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. 

I giggled, "Schlatt! Put me down!"

I stopped giggling when the door opened again and I saw Carson and another man behind him. A tall man wearing a yellow sweater and a beanie over his head of brown curls.

Holy.

Fucking.

Shit.