34

there are a few special guests in this chapter:)
the lot are friends of wilbur, so it fits just fine, thank god

early chapter because i couldn't help myself because i love this one and this story in general

Today, Lunch Club had a meet and greet thing. Tomorrow, Wilbur did. Carson said I didn't have to stay for the meet and greet if I didn't want to, but to be honest, I kind of did. I wanted to step out of my comfort zone a little. I decided I'd stay for at least half of it. Wilbur decided to go find somewhere to play his guitar for fans and anyone who wanted to listen while I stayed with them. He told me to text me when I was done.

It was quite fun, honestly. There were actually people who were excited to see me. It made me really happy. Some people even wanted separate pictures with me, and there were two or three pieces of art for me.

"Coop," I whispered, tugging on his sweatshirt sleeve.

He looked at me, his hair going in all sorts of directions. "What?"

"Gimme your hoodie. I'm cold."

"But then I'll be cold."

"Fine. I won't buy a switch to play Animal Crossing with you," I shrugged, crossing my arms.

He rolled his eyes, pulling his white 'very cool' hoodie off and handing it to me. I smiled, thanking him as I put it on. It was a bit big on me, but that was fine; everyone I borrow clothes from is always at least two sizes bigger than me.

As soon as we were done, I texted Wilbur, asking him where he was. When he replied, I looked up at Noah. "Do you know where this is?" I asked.

He looked over my shoulder at the text Wilbur sent and nodded, giving me the directions. But, I'm stupid so I made him come with me. It didn't take long to find him, because as soon as he saw me, he shouted: "Vee! Noah!"

I smiled softly, thanking Noah once again before I walked over to Wilbur. I sat down next to him in the small circle him and a few others sat in. "Hi," I said.

"Everyone, if you don't know her, this is Vee. You've probably heard of her, though," he chuckled, pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose. "Vee, this is James, Alex, George, and Will; The Eboys, if you will. We're okay friends."

I smiled, looking at the four boys Wilbur referred to; one who wore sunglasses, a hat, and a bandana, one with a brown, sort-of fringe, wearing ridiculous Gucci sweater, one with a beard, and then one with a brown quiff. I had no idea which one was which, but I said hi to them anyway. There were a few others there, too, but Wilbur didn't introduce them.

"Just okay, Wilbur?" the one in the Gucci asked, causing Wilbur to laugh.

"Well, I'm not as close as you four, clearly," he shrugged, turning one of his guitar pegs to tune it. He looked at me, "Any requests?"

I thought for a moment, shaking my head. "Nope."

"C'mon!" he smiled. "Not even one?"

"I can play Wonderwall if you'd all rather hear that," the bearded man said.

"Oh for fuck's sake, James!" the boy in the quiff shouted. "This is Wilbur's thing, just shut it for a few minutes."

Wilbur laughed. "Uh, how about 'Jubilee Line'? That sounds fun."

"Isn't that the one with the bouncer at the door?" I asked (I had only just started listening to his music).

The masked man laughed. "Fake fan! Wilbur, your girlfriend's a fake fan-"

"She's here for me, not my content, George," he shook his head slightly. "She's trying, give her a break. Uh, the one you mentioned is 'White Wine In A Wetherspoons', actually. 'Jubilee Line' is the one with the barriers on the tube line and whatnot."

"Oh, okay," I nodded. 

"Uh, so, basically... Fuck it, I'm gonna teach you all how to play it."

"For no reason whatsoever?" George asked.

Wilbur chuckled, nodding. "For no reason whatsoever."

James looked at me. "He did the same thing at VidCon in London last year-"

"Did he really?" the one with the quiff asked.

"Yeah, yeah, there's a video of it somewhere, surely- Vee, you'll have to watch it sometime."

"Fine, fine, okay, we'll change it," Wilbur shook his head, smiling at me all the while. "Uh, 'For Memories' then. Yeah?"

"It's not like we have a choice, do we?" George asked.

"Shut it, George," he laughed, starting to strum his guitar.

'For Memories' was one of Wilbur's sadder songs. Well, most of them were rather sad, actually. When I asked, he said it was because most of them were written after multiple breakups with a girl he had dated long ago named Sarah. He didn't want to talk much about it, but he did show me a song he'd written as a joke about her. It was funny, though he made sure to assure me a thousand times that none of that had actually happened.

After 'For Memories,' he played a few more songs ('White Wine In A Wetherspoons,' his untitled song about vaping that he'd come up with on stream, and 'It's All Futile! It's All Pointless!') before he stopped, and then we just sat there with everyone and chatted before Wilbur and I went back to the hotel.