26

guys support the goblin bunch
we're taking over the lunch club

"Stop! Stop it! Get off of him!" I screamed, running toward the man on top of Cooper. He was punching him in the side. When I got close enough, the man pushed me away with a force so hard, I ended up by a bloody, beat up Carson, and a tied-up Travis not far from him.

Carson looked up at me, "Vee- Vee, you gotta get out of here. Now."

"No, he's gonna kill you guys!" I cried.

"And if you don't leave he's gonna kill you too!" he shouted.

"Carson, I don't care about me right now!"

"Vee, watch out!"

I looked behind me and saw the man. As he went to punch me, I bolted awake. I was sweating and shaking and-

Where's Wilbur?

I looked around my room, but he was nowhere to be found. I quickly got out of bed and as I went to open my bedroom door, it opened itself. Well, almost.

"Oh, thank god!" I said, hugging Wilbur tightly.

"Are you alright?" he asked, looking at me.

"I had a bad dream where this guy was trying to kill Cooper, Carson, Travis, and me. And when I woke up you weren't there and I-"

"Vee, I'm so sorry. I woke up early and took a shower. Elena said it'd be okay. I should probably get dressed though- I thought you'd still be asleep-"

I don't know how I didn't notice it before, but once he said it, I took a step back and realized that all Wilbur was wearing was a towel around his waist. His hair was damp as well.

"O-Oh," I said, nodding. "Yeah, getting dressed is probably a good idea. Uh, I'll be in the kitchen."

He nodded, "Kitchen. Okay. I'll... see you in the kitchen."

I walked out of my room and to the kitchen where I saw Elena. She looked up at me. "Woah, what happened to you? Coffee?"

"Bad dream. And yes," I chuckled. She poured me a cup and I thanked her.

"So. Wilbur, huh?" she asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

I sighed. "Yes, Wilbur. He's great."

"He was talking to me before he got in the shower about taking you on a proper date. Like, a fancy one. Suit and tie type of fancy."

"Really?"

She nodded. "He spent a good 10 minutes asking what kind of food you like. I think he really likes you, but..."

"But what?" I mumbled.

"Are you sure you wanna do this? Fans can be horrible. I don't want them to hurt you, Vee," she frowned.

I shook my head. "Cooper and I talked a bit about this. Well. I guess not really, actually... But I'll be fine. I don't care about other people's opinions as much as I care about him."

Elena stuck her bottom lip out, pouting. "You guys are so cute. Like, what the hell? I want that."

I thought for a second. "I have someone I can set you up with," I shrugged, taking a sip of my coffee.

"Bullshit. Who?"

"Well, Carson's available now. Travis. Coop. Noah. Schlatt."

"Vee, if you set me up with any of them, I'd die."

"I know," I smiled. Then my mind wandered off to what Cooper said the other day about Wilbur not being the only one that liked me. Who could the other one be?

I stopped thinking about it when Wilbur walked in the room, the towel that was once around his waist now being aggressively rubbed over his head to dry his brown locks. Elena offered him a cup of coffee and he gladly accepted. "Hey, where can I put this?" he asked, referring to the towel. 

"Oh, there's a laundry basket in our rooms and one in the bathroom. You can put any dirty clothes in there and we'll take care of it," Elena said. "I'm heading to the bathroom right now actually if you want me to take it."

He nodded, rolling it up in a ball handing it to her. His hair wasn't completely dried yet, but it was fine. Elena smiled at us before going to the bathroom, just like she said. Will looked at me. "I'm sorry that I wasn't there when you woke up. It must've been horrible, the dream."

I nodded slowly. "It was. I don't normally have nightmares either. It was just so... odd. And seeing my friends like that- bloody, bruised and tied up... I never want to have a dream like that again. Ever."

He frowned. "I know. Nightmares suck."'

I sighed. "Yeah."

Wilbur took a deep breath. "What're you doing today?"

I shrugged, "I dunno. What're you doing today?"

He shrugged as well. "Whatever you're doing."

"I thought you had plans with your friends," I said, crossing my arms.

"Oh- Uh-"

"You said that so I wouldn't be upset at you for hopping on a random flight, didn't you?"

"Technically, it wasn't completely random. I talked to Schlatt to make sure we arrived on the same day-"

"Wilbur!" I playfully hit him as he chuckled.

"I'm sorry, I really wanted to see you. I say it was worth it."

I sighed. "Yeah..."

"Hey," Wilbur grabbed my free hand. "What if we went on a proper date tonight?"

"A suit and tie type fancy one?"

He shrugged. "Maybe."

I pretended to think for a minute before I smiled and said, "sure." He smiled right back at me.