6

About an hour after I left the VC with Carson, I got a new message on Discord. It was pretty late, but I decided to open it anyways. It was Wilbur. He had sent me a friend request shortly after he left the VC. Of course, I accepted it.

          Wilbur Soot: Hello, m'lady :)

          venomvicki: hi. how're u?

          Wilbur Soot: I'm great. Kind of tired. You?

          I told him that I was doing well, which is true. I didn't mention my brief conversation with Cooper nor the one I had with Elena. I decided that I was just gonna be me: Vee, the awkward and kind of sad person I really am.

          We continued talking throughout the evening and I actually enjoyed talking to him a lot. After a while, Wilbur asked if we could possibly FaceTime. I asked him why because I thought it was kind of odd. He said it was because he was tired and would possibly pass out soon and didn't want to leave me hanging. And it would make it easier to communicate considering we wouldn't have to type everything. So I gave in, giving him my number.

          I will admit, I was pretty nervous to talk to Wilbur. Especially since now, he'll be able to see my face and I don't have all the time in the world to look over my reply 85 times before sending it. Now my reply has to come at a certain time because it'll be like an actual conversation (not that it wasn't an actual conversation before).

          It wasn't long before my panicking was interrupted by the ringing of my phone; the unknown number that had to have been Wilbur's. The area code was similar to the one that had called me one night a few weeks ago. It had to have just been a coincidence. Besides, I didn't remember the number anyway. I could be completely wrong.

          It felt like the ringing had been going on for a while now, so, not wanting to make Wilbur have to call me twice, I took a deep breath and answered the call.