8

I jump awake to the sound of Song for a Guilty Sadist by Crywank. I turn to look at my phone to shut the alarm off, and I see an awakened Wilbur. We must have fallen asleep while talking last night.

          Last night. I smile just thinking about it. We talked all throughout the night. He was so nice to me. I thought for sure he'd end the call eventually, but our conversation never ended. There was never a dull moment. No awkward silences.

          "Was that Crywank?" he yawned as I silenced the alarm. My alarm must have woken him up too.

          I nodded a bit. "Yeah, it was. You know them?"

          "Of course I do," Will chuckled. "I love their music... I've actually covered a few. I can play that one in particular, actually."

          "Really?" I asked, moving some hair out of my eyes. Out of everything we talked about the night before, I didn't know he liked my favorite band. Nor did I know he could play any instruments.

          "Yes," he smiled. "I can play it for you now if you'd like. Unless you have to be somewhere."

          I looked at the time. 8:02 am. "I have to be at work in about an hour. We have time."

          Wilbur's face lit up. "Give me a second," he said as he quickly got out of bed. He put his phone up against something (his desk, I was guessing) and grabbed a guitar.

          "I didn't know you played," I chuckled. He looked at me and smiled softly as he sits down in his chair.

          He started making sure his guitar was in tune. "I might be a little rusty. I don't remember the last time I played this song. Especially for other people."

          "I'm sure you'll sound great."

          Smiling softly, he cleared his throat and started playing. And singing.

          "This makes me feel like a weak man who thinks that he is strong. Must I play the chauvinist to be the man you want?"

          I watch him as he plays. He looks really into it, especially for being someone who's just woken up. He was really good, too.

          "Sweaty fingers push down on your throat, you say you like it rough, but it's hard to think I do this out of love. And from my own submissive pleasure, I want to do just as you wish,
But I slap your face too lightly when you ask me to make fists. Kiss me softly do not bite, we can explore like naughty kids. You say you're bored, want dominating, and I just stare and flinch."

          I continue to watch as his fingers move about the guitar, making beautiful sounds. Even his singing voice is beautiful. A part of me wants to listen to him sing forever. A part of me wants this to never end.

          Wilbur is just such a great guy. I got to know a lot about him last night, but there's still more I want to know. But I don't know why...

          "Oh, how rude of me to bring my thoughts into your bedroom. Is it condescending to be so scared I might hurt you? Oh, how rude of me to bring my thoughts into your bedroom.
Is it condescending to be so scared I might hurt you..."

          After a bit more of picking at the guitar strings, the song finishes. I start clapping. "That was really good!" I smiled.

          Wilbur chuckled, setting his guitar down. He ran his fingers through his hair, "It was alright."

          "Will, it was brilliant. I loved-"

          I stopped talking when I heard my door open. I looked over and there was Elena. Shit.