38

"What the fuck?"

I pushed Cooper off of me and looked at Wilbur who looked shocked and confused, but most of all, hurt.

"Wilbur-"

"That's why the two of you are so close, huh?" he asked.

Cooper stood there awkwardly, looking at the ground. I opened my mouth to speak, but Wilbur turned and started to walk away.

"Wilbur, wait!" I shouted, chasing after him and leaving Cooper behind.

When he stopped and turned around to face me, his eyes were filled with tears. "I thought you were different- I thought you weren't like the rest of them."

"Wil, I'm not!"

"Really?" he laughed, wiping his tears away. "Then what was that? How long has that been going on, Vee?"

I could feel my eyes filling up with water, just like his. "It was nothing, Wil-"

"What do you mean? I saw it!" he shouted, his voice cracking.

Seeing him this way broke my heart. Seeing him so hurt. And it was all my fault.

"Please hear me out, Wilbur. I can explain-"

"No. I don't want to hear it right now."

"Please."

He sighed, shaking his head. "I'm staying in a hotel room with George and Alex tonight. I don't want to be in the same room as you and Cooper."

"We're going home tomorrow-"

"I'm staying with Schlatt tomorrow then. He can get my things from your place."

"You can't be serious," I mumbled.

Wilbur shrugged. "Goodbye, Vee."

"Wilbur-"

He walked away without looking back at me.

I made Cooper and Travis stay with Carson and Noah. I needed to be alone. I had the empty hotel room to myself, hoping and waiting for Wilbur to come back. He didn't.

I cried myself to sleep that night.