Promises Are Meant To Be Broken

A month had passed and it was now the middle of December. Jungkook hadn't really spoken to Jin or Namjoon much, but he was sure very clingy to them, in and out of little space.

Namjoon was taking a small break from work to look out after Jungkook with Jin, afraid the boy would try and harm himself, little did they know that's what Jungkook had been doing for the past month.

Jungkook was constantly trying to hide his wrist. It was hard but he managed to keep it hidden. Today, Jin and Namjoon had both left the house to go grocery shopping. Jungkook only said he'd be okay alone so he could tend to the cuts on his wrists.

Once they left, Jungkook entered the bathroom to tend to his cuts. He opened the cabinet and took some healing ointment out, gently rubbing it on the cuts. It was to help with the scarring so it didn't look super noticeable.

Jungkook's phone began ringing, it was Jimin calling. "Hey." Jungkook said quietly. "Jungkook, Jin and Namjoon are so worried for you." Jimin said. "I-I know." Jungkook said.

"Jungkook I know it's gonna be hard, but you have to tell them what happened. They love you so, so much Jungkook. You mean so much to them and they're afraid you're gonna do something dumb." Jimin said.

"Too late for that." Jungkook laughed bitterly, then forgot he wasn't supposed to tell anyone he was cutting again. "Jungkook you aren't cutting, are you?! Jungkook!" Jimin panicked.

"Jimin, you c-can't tell t-them." Jungkook said. "No, I have to tell them, Jungkook I don't want you to cut too deep." Jimin said. "Why do you think the ultimate goal of cutting is suicide?" Jungkook asked. "Jungkook I know you. I know you're hurting really bad deep down and I know that suicide is an option in your head right now." Jimin said, and he was right.

Jungkook didn't want the thought, but suicide was lurking in the back of his mind. "Jimin, promise me you won't tell them." Jungkook said. "Jungkook, I can't just let this go unnoticed! You're hurting yourself!" Jimin said.

"Jimin I'll hate you forever if you tell them. I promise I'm just coping." Jungkook said. "That's a really fucking unhealthy way of coping, Jungkook. I'm going to call Jin." Jimin said. "No, please, I promise I'm okay, please don't, Jimin." Jungkook begged, yet somehow persuaded Jimin.

"Jungkook, promise me right now you aren't gonna harm yourself anymore." Jimin said. "I promise." Jungkook said. "You're my best friend, Jungkook. I love you and I don't wanna lose you." Jimin said. "I know." Jungkook mumbled.

"Call me anytime you need to talk about something." Jimin said. "Okay." Jungkook breathed out. The two said their goodbyes before hanging up, Jungkook laughing bitterly as a few tears fell. "Promises are meant to be broken, silly." He murmured into the phone after he hung up.

He put his phone in his pocket before rolling his sleeves back down. He heard the front door opening, instantly feeling guilty. He stood at the top of the staircase and watched Jin and Namjoon walk into the kitchen.

Jungkook teared up again, realizing how hurt they were gonna be when they found out he was harming himself.  Jungkook slowly crept down the stairs, a lump forming in his throat.

He entered the kitchen where the two were busy putting groceries away as they chatted. Jin noticed Jungkook first and gave him a warm smile. "Hi, you feeling okay?" Jin asked and Jungkook nodded slowly.

"You sure, bun?" He asked. "I'm not l-little." Jungkook breathed out, cursing himself for stuttering. Jin gave him a worried look. "Jungkook, what's wrong?" Jin asked and Namjoon looked up, worried as well and that's when Jungkook broke down into tears.

They two both dropped the things they had in their hands and rushed over to Jungkook, hugging the boy. "Awww, baby what's that matter?" Jin asked. "I'm s-sorry." Jungkook cried. "For what? What are you sorry for, baby?" Namjoon asked.

"Just k-know t-that I'm sorry." Jungkook breathed out. Jin and Namjoon both looked at each other with sad looks. "You go take care of him, I'll finish putting the stuff away." Namjoon said and let go.

Jin took Jungkook by the hand and led him upstairs to their bedroom. They entered and Jin closed the door. "What's wrong, hmm?" Jin asked softly as they sat on the bed.

Jungkook just shook his head and Jin hugged him. "Shhh, it's okay." He whispered. Jungkook slowly eased into littlespace, Jin pressing little kisses all over his face.

"Dada~" He cried. "Oh, Bunny come here." Jin pulled Jungkook on his lap and hugged him tightly. Namjoon walked in a few minutes later. "Can you fix him a bottle?" Jin asked. "He's little now?" He asked and Jin nodded.

Namjoon left the room and Jin laid Jungkook down. He gave the little his pacifier until Namjoon came back with a bottle of warm vanilla milk. He placed Jungkook back on his lap and gave the little his bottle.

Jungkook took the bottle and drank the milk slowly, savoring the warmth of it mixed with the warmth of Jin holding him in his arms. "You're okay, baby boy, don't cry." Jin rubbed small patterns on his back.

Jungkook drifted to sleep before he could even finish his bottle of milk. Jin took it away from his hands as he laid the boy down and put a pacifier in between his soft, pink lips.

Jin walked up to Namjoon who was standing by the window. "Joonie, you okay?" Jin asked. Namjoon faced him and sighed. "I just..." Namjoon couldn't find the words. "I just wish things weren't turning out like this. I wish he'd let us help him." Namjoon breathed out.

"Me too." Jin said and hugged him, wrapping his arms around his neck. Namjoon wrapped his arms around Jin's waist tightly, pulling him closer. "I just feel really bad for him." Namjoon said.

"I know, I do too, Joonie." Jin whispered. "We're gonna be able to help him. It may take a while, but we'll be able to help him." Jin said and Namjoon nodded.