Bad Dreams

Namjoon woke up in the middle night to Jungkook's quiet cries. He quickly switched on the lamp and turned to face him. "D-Dada-" He hiccuped. "Hey, hey, shhhh." Namjoon whispered quietly, not wanting to wake Jin up.

Namjoon got out of bed and picked the little up, carrying the crying boy out of the room. "It's okay, baby, I got you." Namjoon said quietly, carrying him downstairs.

He entered the kitchen and turned the small light on. He stroked Jungkook's hair gently, Jungkook's fingers tightly gripping onto him. "What's wrong, Bunny?" Namjoon asked softly.

It took Jungkook a little bit to calm down, his head rested on Namjoon's shoulder as he cried. "Hmm? Tell me what's wrong." Namjoon said. Jungkook leaned away, sniffling softly as he looked into Namjoon's eyes for assurance.

"It's okay, baby, you're okay." Namjoon nodded, Jungkook breaking into tears again. He laid his head back on Namjoon's shoulder, Namjoon rubbing small circles on his back in hopes to calm him down a bit.

"D-Dada..." Jungkook looked back into Namjoon's eyes. "You gotta tell me what's wrong, baby." He said. "I h-has a bad d-dream." Jungkook sniffled. "You did? I'm sorry." Namjoon kissed his cheek.

"Shhh, I know. Bad dreams suck." He talked to Jungkook softly as he grabbed a bottle and poured a little bit of milk in it. He placed it in the bottle warmer and waited.

"Do you remember what it was?" Namjoon asked. Jungkook shook his head. "I-It was just s-scary." He breathed out. "Is that all you can remember?" Namjoon asked. "Y-Yeah." Jungkook mumbled, sniffling softly.

"It's okay, I got you, baby boy. Don't cry." Namjoon whispered to him. Once Jungkook's milk was warmed up, he handed the bottle to the younger. Jungkook took it and began to take small sips, the little cute sucking noise making Namjoon chuckle softly.

Namjoon carries Jungkook around the house to calm him down a little more, his hiccups and sniffles minimizing. "Bad dreams can be scary, but they aren't real, baby, okay?" Namjoon said and Jungkook hummed.

Once he finished drinking his milk, Namjoon took the bottle away and replaced it with a pacifier. He stood holding him in the living room, humming quietly as the younger began to drift back asleep.

"Daddy?" Jungkook mumbled. "Yes?" Namjoon whispered. "T-Thank you." Jungkook said through his pacifier. "Of course, baby. Try and go back to sleep, okay. Think of something happy as you do." Namjoon suggested as he slowly began ascending back up the stairs.

Once they entered the bedroom, Namjoon laid Jungkook back down, climbing next to him and holding him close. He'd drifted back to sleep, Namjoon smiling contently as he placed a kiss on his forehead.

...

That morning, Namjoon woke up and neither Jin or Jungkook were in bed. He sat up and stretched, sighing quietly as he got up to go downstairs.

He entered the kitchen where Jin was holding the little in his arms, talking to him quietly. "Is he okay?" Namjoon asked tiredly. "I think so. He said he had a bad dream last night." Jin said.

"Yeah, I had to calm him down. It took nearly and hour." Namjoon yawned, sitting at the counter and resting his head on it. "Dada?" Jungkook murmured. "Yes, baby?" Jin said.

"I d-don't wanna have another b-bad dream." Jungkook said. "Aww, I know, baby. Sadly, it's hard to control what type of dream you have. Try and think of something happy before you close your eyes, okay?" Jin suggested.

Jungkook squirmed a little before Jin set him down, the little waddling over to Namjoon as he could hold him. Namjoon laughed quietly and picked him up, Jungkook wrapping his arms around his neck and hugging him.

Jin giggled softly. "He's too precious." He said and Namjoon nodded. "Has he eaten?" Namjoon asked. "Yeah, we just had breakfast. You woke up a little late." Jin said, Namjoon checking the time. "But you needed the extra rest, he woke you up last night." Jin laughed a little.

"Daddy?" Jungkook murmured. "Yes?" Namjoon said. "I love you." He said. "Aww, I love you too." Namjoon smiled contently.