The Start

Jungkook woke up after his nap and Jin could tell something was a little off with the boy. Was shaking...a lot. Jin placed his hand on his forehead. "Oh goodness, you have a fever." Jin mumbled.

Namjoon sat beside Jungkook, Jungkook laying there with a sickened look in his face. "D-Daddy?" His said, his voice shaky. "You okay, baby?" He asked. "I don't feel good." Jungkook murmured.

Jin came back in the room with a bottle of warm tea for Jungkook. The little took a few sips, still shivering from feeling cold. "Do you think he caught the flu again?" Jin asked Namjoon. "Maybe. I'm not sure." Namjoon said, stroking Jungkook's cheeks softly.

It was around 5:00 p.m and Jin was about make dinner. Jungkook was sitting in Namjoon's lap on the couch, Namjoon holding him in his arms. He could feel the boy shaking and just had this bad feeling inside.

"D-Daddy?" Jungkook whispered. "What's wrong, Bunny?" Namjoon spoke gently. "I r-really don't feel g-good." Jungkook whined. "I know baby, I thinks it's because you fell in the pool." Namjoon said. "It was really cold." He said.

They had dinner, Jin had made Jungkook some soup. Jungkook only took a bite before declaring he couldn't eat anymore. "Are you not hungry?" Jin asked and Jungkook nodded. "Maybe he does have the flu again." Jin said.

He went into the hall closet and went through the medicine cabinet before he found some medicine for Jungkook to take. He gave Jungkook liquid medicine because he knew little Jungkook would have trouble trying to swallow a fairly large pill.

The flavor was horrendous but hopefully it'd help him feel better. Jin picked Jungkook up and carried him around the house. Jungkook coughed a little, Jin patting his back gently.

"You ready to just go to bed? I can tuck you in." Jin suggested. "Y-Yeah." Jungkook mumbled and Jin carried him upstairs.

He laid the boy in their bed and wrapped him in an extra blanket to keep him warm. "Get some rest, baby boy. I hope you feel better." Jin kissed his forehead. He shut off the light and left the room.

Jin went back downstairs where Namjoon was sitting in the couch watching the nightly news. Jin sat beside him. "Joonie?" Jin mumbled. "What's up?" Namjoon said.

"I'm worried for Jungkook, he's not doing so well." Jin said. Namjoon wrapped his arms around Jin. "He'll be alright. It's just the flu. He's had before already and was fine." Namjoon said.

"I know, I just-" "You're worried, I know. But he's gonna be okay." Namjoon assured. He leaned in and kissed Jin's lips gently. "Did you out him to bed?" Namjoon spoke softly. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's asleep by now." Jin said.

"I love you, you're such a good caregiver to Jungkook." Namjoon said. "I just wanna make him feel happy and excepted. He's gone through so much." Jin said. "I'm glad he's getting better, at least mentally." Namjoon said.

After few hours of chatting and watching tv, the two went to bed, Jin making sure Jungkook was alright. It was late and the little was asleep. Jin noticed how he was still shaky a little and he was sweating.

Jin took the extra blanket off of him and went into the bathroom to grab a thermometer. "He feels really hot." Jin said as he came back. Namjoon grabbed some tissues and wiped the sweat from Jungkook's forehead.

Jin slowly scanned the monitor over Jungkook's forehead. It beeped quietly a few times. "Oh goodness, his fever is really high." Jin said. "How high is it?" Namjoon asked. "102.9F." Jin said.

"Should we take him to the hospital tomorrow?" Jin asked. "Let's just see how he's feeling in the morning." Namjoon said and Jin hummed.

...

The next morning, Jin woke up to Jungkook coughing. He looked worse than last night. He'd grown pale and shakier. "Bunny, are you alright?" Jin asked. "I'm n-not little." Jungkook murmured.

"Are you okay?" Jin asked again. Jungkook sniffled. His nose sounded clogged and his eyes were droopy. "I don't feel good at all." He breathed out, tearing up a little. He'd never felt this sick in his life.

Jin sat up. "What's wrong?" Jin asked. "I'm so, so cold." Jungkook said, despite the fact he was sweating and he was burning up. Jin felt his forehead. "Jungkook, you're burning up." Jin said.

"I think I'm gonna be sick." Jungkook weakly stood up and stumbled to the bathroom, only vomiting the small amount of food he had from yesterday up.

Jin stood behind him, rubbing his back gently. Jungkook coughed a bit violently, sounding as if he was struggling to catch his breath. Jin was getting even more concerned about the boy. Once Jungkook was done, he flushed the toilet and stood up, his legs trembling.

"I feel so weak." He whispered. He washed his mouth out and his hands off before leaving, collapsing to the ground before he could reach the bed. "Oh my gosh, are you alright?" Jin asked. Namjoon was just waking up, spotting Jungkook on the floor and Jin knelt down beside him.

"Is everything okay?" Namjoon asked. "No, I don't think Jungkook's okay." Jin said. "What's his temperature?" Namjoon asked. "I don't know, I should check." Jin quickly got up and grabbed the thermometer.

He scanned it across Jungkook's forehead and when it beeped, Jin knew they should take the boy to the hospital. "What is it?" Namjoon asked. "103.7F." Jin said. "This is really bad." He mumbled, Jungkook beginning to cry softly.

"W-What's happening?" Jungkook asked. "I dunno, you're really sick Jungkook." Namjoon said. Jungkook began coughing again, the boy struggling to catch his breath.

"Can you breathe okay?" Namjoon asked. "It hurts when I breathe and even worse when I cough." Jungkook said. Jin caressed his face and wiped his tears. "We're gonna take you to the hospital, okay?" Jin said and Jungkook nodded.