He's Gone

Christmas had passed and that day was somewhat happy for Jin and Namjoon because Jungkook seemed happier that day. He actually spoke to them and interacted with them.

The day after Christmas, he began distancing himself again. And even worse, he started cutting again. Jin and Namjoon still hadn't found out he was doing it, but today was Jungkook's unlucky day.

He was sitting in the living room by himself as he watched a movie, slowly drifting to sleep. Jin sat beside him. "How are you feeling?" Jin asked. "I'm doing alright. You don't have to ask me that every ten minutes." Jungkook rolled his eyes.

"I'm just trying to be nice, baby. Don't treat me like that." Jin said. Jungkook shifted his position a little, causing his sleeve to slightly roll up, revealing a small cut.

"Jungkook, what's that on your arm?" Jin asked and the boy quickly rolled his sleeve down. "Nothing." He mumbled, his heart beginning to speed up. "Jungkook give me your arm...." Jin said.

"No." Jungkook said. Jin reached for it but Jungkook stopped him. "Stop!" Jungkook became defensive and yelled. Namjoon walked in. "What's going on?" He asked. "Jungkook, give me your arm." Jin said again.

"N-No." Jungkook breathed out. Namjoon slowly approached Jungkook before quickly grabbing his arm. He rolled his sleeve up and they both saw, the cuts, Jungkook beginning to cry.

"L-Let go of m-me." He cried and Namjoon let go. Jin began tearing up. "Jungkook why a-are you doing that?!" He asked. "Baby, you're not planning on-" "No! I'm not! Just l-leave me alone!" Jungkook cried as he got up and rushed upstairs to the guest bedroom and shut the door, locking it.

Jin tried to get in but he couldn't. "Jungkook open the door!" Jin called but Jungkook ignored him. Jin began to panic as tears rushed out of his eyes.

He entered their bedroom, Namjoon pulling him in his arms. "H-He won't open the door. W-What if he-" "Shhhh, he's not." Namjoon whispered, shedding a few tears himself. "We don't know that, N-Namjoon." Jin said.

"I knew we shouldn't have left him alone." Jin shook his head. "Follow me, I have spare keys to all the bedrooms." Namjoon said as he took Jin all the way down to the basement.

Jungkook quietly left the room and quickly went into their bedroom. He grabbed a bag and began filling it with clothes.

"I can't find the keys." Namjoon mumbled as he searched through drawers and cabinets. That bought Jungkook a little time.

Once the boy finished packing things, he put his shoes and coat on before creeping down the stairs and quietly exiting the mansion. He took his car keys out his pocket and got into his car, driving away to who knows where.

Once they found the key, they rushed back upstairs to guest room but found the door open. "Jungkook? Jungkook!" Jin called as he searched the room and the bathroom.

"Where is he?" Namjoon asked. "I don't know." Jin rushed down the hall and checked every guest bedroom and bathroom. He checked the laundry room and his office, Jungkook nowhere to be found. He checked Jungkook's room, not in there.

He entered their bedroom and saw a note on their bed. He picked it up and read it, his tears falling onto the paper. Jin rushed down the stairs, Namjoon following. Jin went outside and opened the garage, Jungkook's car gone.

"Oh my gosh, he's gone..." Jin breathed out and broke down into tears. Namjoon hugged him tightly, attempting to calm him down. "Joon, what if h-he-" "Shhhh. We need to go look for him." Namjoon said. "We don't know where he could've g-gone." Jin said.

"Lets go check Jimin and Taehyung's place, then Hoseok and Yoongi's. If he's not at either, I'll call the police, okay?" Namjoon said and Jin hummed.

They got into Namjoon's car and drove to Jimin and Taehyung's place. Once they were there. Jin got out and rushed to the door. He knocked a few times and Jimin answered. "Is everything okay?" Jimin asked.

"No, Jungkook just disappeared and he's harming himself." Jin said. "God, he promised me he was going to stop." Jimin said. "Wait, you knew? And you didn't tell us?" Jin asked. "Yes, and I'm really sorry I didn't." Jimin said.

"Did you check Yoongi and Hoseok's? Jungkook isn't here." Jimin said. "We're gonna head there now." Jin said. "I'm sorry this is happening, what happened to Jungkook was really bad and I understand why he doesn't want to tell  you guys about it." Jimin said.

"Can you please tell us?" Jin asked. "I can't, I'm sorry." Jimin said and Jin sighed. "Okay, thanks." Jin said and Jimin hummed. The two left and drove to Yoongi and Hoseok's house.

When they arrived, Jin got out and knocked on their door. Hoseok answered. "Is Jungkook here?" Jin asked. "No, why? What's going on?" He asked. "Fuck..." Jin let out as tears filled his eyes, explaining to Hoseok the situation, Yoongi joining him at the door.

"You should call the police." Yoongi said. "I know, that's what Namjoon is gonna do." Jin sighed. "I hope he's okay." Hoseok said. "Thanks." Jin said before they left.

They drove back home, Namjoon calling the police as soon as they got into the house. "Is there anyway you can track him?" Namjoon asked, Jin hoping they'd be able to find him.

"Okay, thank you so much." Namjoon said and hung up. "They're gonna try and trace his phone to know where his location is." Namjoon said, Jin letting out a breath of relief.

Namjoon pulled him in his arms. "I'm so, so worried. I don't want it to be too late when the police find him." Jin said. "He's not going to kill himself." Namjoon said. "We don't know. He could be doing something right now." Jin cried.

Namjoon caressed his face. "He's gonna be okay. We're gonna get him back home and safe, okay?" Namjoon said and Jin hummed softly, Namjoon wiping Jin's tears away.