He's Not Okay

After they attempted to let Jungkook eat breakfast, they got in Namjoon's car and left for the hospital. They'd called before to make sure Jungkook just didn't have a bad cold or something.

But the way the doctor sounded concerned scared them a little. He said they should come right away and that this was serious. Once they got to the hospital, Jungkook was taken to a room.

He was connected to machines and a fluid IV. He coughed a few times, groaning from the pain in his chest. Jungkook's doctor came in. His name was Dr. Young. He's been Jungkook's doctor for a while and it kinda hurt to know that Jungkook was in a life or death situation right now.

"So, you said he's be shaky, chest pain when he coughs and breathes, congested, etc.?" He asked and the two nodded. "I'm gonna run a blood test on Jungkook and get and x-ray because theirs a good chance he had pneumonia." Dr. Young said. Panic already set off in Jin because he knew Jungkook could die from that.

Jungkook instantly burst into tears hearing that. He didn't want to die. "Shh, it's gonna be okay." Jin comforted him. The doctor left and came back with a nurse to help draw blood from Jungkook.

After he got his blood draw, he was taken to a x-ray room. Jin and Namjoon sat in the lobby that was outside of Jungkook's room, both of them worried.

"Joon?" Jin mumbled. "Hmm?" Namjoon hummed. "I'm scared." Jin said. "I'm scared too, Jin." Namjoon said. "I don't want to lose him." Jin said. "Babe, I don't want to lose him either." Namjoon said.

After Jungkook's x-ray, he was back to his room, the doctor entered the lobby where Jin and Namjoon were. "I'm sorry to tell you, but Jungkook has pneumonia. We're not sure how severe it is yet but we're gonna try our best to treat him and get him better again." His doctor said.

"What happened do you think might have caused this?" The doctor asked. "He fell in our pool yesterday while outside." Namjoon said. "That makes sense. We found a bacteria in his blood test that's found in unfiltered water, pool water during the winter for example." He said. "Were gonna tru our best." He said.

Jin and Namjoon nodded before entering Jungkook's room. Jungkook was curled up in a small ball on his bed, crying softly. "Oh, baby, don't cry." Jin whispered, stroking his forehead gently.

"It h-hurts..." Jungkook breathed out. "I know, I know it does. You're gonna be okay." Namjoon said. "Am I g-gonna die?" Jungkook asked. It broke both of their hearts to hear Jungkook ask such a question.

"No, you're gonna be okay. I promise." Jin said. They stayed with Jungkook in the hospital for the rest of the day until visiting hours were over he was given some antibiotics that were going to hopefully help treat him.

"I'm going to d-die and I don't w-want to die." Jungkook cried. "You're not going to die, baby, don't say that." Namjoon said. It was a very scary situation and they honestly didn't know if Jungkook was going to make it.

Visiting hours were almost over, Jungkook begging for the two not to leave him alone. "Please don't go." He cried. "We'll be back tomorrow, kookie. I promise." Jin said.

Jungkook sniffled and Jin held his hand. "You're gonna be okay, I know you will." Jin said.

...
The next day, Jin woke up to his phone to his phone ringing. "Hello?" He answered groggily. "Hello, this is Dr. Young. I think you should come visit Jungkook. He's gotten worse over night and we're not sure if he's gonna make through next two days." Dr. Young said, Jin tearing up.

"There has to be something you can do." Jin said, tears falling down his cheeks as he sat up. Namjoon woke up to his crying, confused at what was happening.

"We're going to try to put him on stronger antibiotics. If that doesn't help, Jungkook will likely pass away within the next few days. I'm sorry." He said. "We'll be there soon." Jin said and hung up.

"What's going on, babe?" Namjoon asked and Jin burst into tears. "Woah, woah, hey? What's wrong?" Namjoon sat up and hugged Jin. "H-He said Jungkook might n-not make it within the next few days." Jin cried. Namjoon began tear up as well. "Let go visit him." Namjoon said and Jin nodded.

When they arrived at the hospital, they had to put on mask before they entered Jungkook's room so they didn't end up catching it. Jungkook was laying there silent, visible tears in his face.

He was very, very pale and shaking a little. Jin reaches to hold his hand, which was very cold and clammy. The boy was in the brink of death. His pulse was lower than normal too.

"Jungkookie?" Namjoon murmured, but Jungkook didn't answer, whining softly. "You're gonna be okay, Kookie. Everything will be alright." Namjoon assured.

Jungkook hummed, his hand weakly reaching for Namjoon's. Namjoon held his and gave it a small squeeze. The doctor came in and gave Jungkook his antibiotic by injection because Jungkook was took weak to even swallow the pill.

"J-J-Jin?" Jungkook shivered. "Yes baby?" Jin said. "I'm s-sorry." Jungkook cried. "What're you sorry for? Jin asked. "J-Just for everything b-bad I've d-done." Jungkook said. "I'm g-gonna die a-anyway. I m-might as w-well apologize to e-everyone for burdening them." Jungkook cried.

He began coughing violently, spitting out the phlegm, which was slightly bloody, into a bowl. The boy was suffering, and it was so hard to watch and not have control over anything.

"I'll miss y-you guys." Jungkook cried. "Jungkook, I promise you're not gonna die. You're gonna make it and you're gonna be okay. I know you will. You're strong and I believe you can fight this." Namjoon said.

Jungkook only sighed and wrapped the blankets around him tighter, feeling closer and closer to wanting to go to sleep and not wake up.