He's Gonna Be Okay

Namjoon woke up the next morning, Jin still asleep. He looked like he was sleeping so peacefully, despite everything that was going on. Namjoon didn't want to wake him up yet.

He went downstairs and made breakfast for them, making sure not to be too loud. He knew Jin needed the extra rest after some sleepless nights. He baked chocolate chip muffins.

After they were done, he took them out of the oven and placed them on the counter to cool off. He went upstairs to wake up Jin, who as still sleeping. He sat in the side of the bed and shook him gently. "Wake up, babe." He spoke softly.

Jin woke up after a few seconds. "I made muffins for breakfast." Namjoon said as Jin sat up. "Thanks." Jin mumbled. He wrapped his arms around Namjoon and hugged him, Namjoon hugging back.

Jin sighed heavily, Namjoon rubbing circles on his back. "Did the hospital call?" Jin asked. "No, I'm gonna assume Jungkook is okay somehow." Namjoon said.

"How would you know?" Jin asked. "If he wasn't, the hospital would've called by now." Namjoon said and Jin hummed. Jin got out of bed and they went downstairs to eat breakfast.

Jin ate a muffin, Namjoon sitting beside him and eating one as well. Namjoon could tell Jin was stressing a lot, which wasn't good for him. "Jin, I don't want you to be overly worried about Jungkook. He's gonna be okay." Namjoon said.

"I can't help it." Jin breathed out. "I know, babe, but I don't need you getting sick either." Namjoon said and Jin hummed. After breakfast, the two both got ready to leave the house.

Jin waited for Namjoon in the foyer, Namjoon grabbing the car keys. They exited the house and sat in the car, waiting for it to warm up. "I'm scared." Jin said.

"Don't be scared." Namjoon said, placing his hand on Jin's thigh. "What if-" "No 'what if's. Jungkook is okay." Namjoon said before beginning to drive.

When they arrived at the hospital, they were taken to the lobby on the floor where Jungkook's room was. Jungkook's doctor entered and gave them a warm smile. "Good news and bad news about Jungkook." He said.

"Good news is that we managed to drain the fluid from his lungs. He's stable and doing a little better. The antibiotics seem to be kicking in now." The doctor said and they were relieved to hear that.

"Bad news is that Jungkook will have to be here a few more days until we can let him leave. When he arrives home, he'll have to be put on bed rest for at least three weeks until he's recovered a little bit more. After that, he'll still be very weak so you'll have to keep an eye out for him. He won't be fully recovered for at least six to eight weeks." He said and the two nodded.

"Thanks for letting us know." Namjoon said. "No problem. Jungkook is awake now. I'm sure he'd love to see you two." The doctor said and the two nodded, walking down the hall to Jungkook's room.

They entered and Jungkook slowly turned his head over to the door. He immediately rested up, Jin walking over. "How are you feeling?" Jin asked. "A little better." Jungkook murmured. "I'm so happy you're okay, I thought we lost you." Jin said.

"I was r-really scared." Jungkook began crying, Jin caressing his face. "Don't cry, you're okay. You're gonna get better." Jin said and Jungkook hummed.

"You get to come home in a few days though." Jin said. "I k-know. But I have to stay in bed for a long time." Jungkook said. "It'll go by fast." Namjoon said.

....

About five days later is when Jungkook finally got to come home. The antibiotics he was in were working like a charm and Jungkook was only experiencing symptoms of a common cold.

His fever had gone down to 99F which was a good thing since he was running a fever at 104F just some days ago.

Once they arrived home, Namjoon carried Jungkook upstairs to their room and laid him in bed. The boy eventually began easing his way into littlespace, the warm, comfortable blanket and his stuffed animal on the bed helping to trigger him into it.

Jin came into the room with Jungkook's medicine, Jungkook whining a little. "What?" Jin asked. "Are you little right now?" He asked and Jungkook nodded.

"Aww, okay. You think you can take your medicine right now?" Jin asked and Jungkook nodded. Jungkook swallowed the pill without a problem and took some water with it.

"Dada?" Jungkook murmured. "Hmm? Jin hummed. Jungkook whined a little and Jin gave him a questioned look. "You gotta use your words, sweetie." Jin said.

Jungkook whined even more. "What? Do you want your bottle?" Jin asked and Jungkook nodded. "Just say so next time, okay, use your words." Jin said and left the room.

He went into the kitchen and made Jungkook's bottle of warm milk, going back upstairs to their room and giving it to the boy. Namjoon entered the room and sat on the bed beside Jungkook.

"Is he little right now?" Namjoon asked and Jin nodded. "You doing okay, Bunny?" Namjoon asked and Jungkook nodded as he drank his milk. "That's good." Namjoon stroked his hair gently. "Do you wanna take a nap?" He asked and Jungkook nodded.

"Go to sleep then." He said and Jungkook made grabbed hands for him. "Aww." Namjoon mumbled and laid next to him, wrapping his arms around the little. Jin giggled softly, Namjoon smiling at him.

"Go to sleep, okay?" Namjoon said and Jungkook hummed, laying his head down and going to sleep quickly. After Namjoon knew he was asleep, he pressed a small kiss on his forehead before getting up and following Jin downstairs.

"I told you he was gonna be okay." Namjoon said, wrapping his arms around Jin's waist. "I know, but I'll still be a little worried for him." Jin said. "I know, and that's okay." Namjoon said. "I hope he gets better quickly. I miss all his happy energy." Jin said. "Me too. He's gonna get better soon." Namjoon said.

Namjoon kissed his lips gently, Jin smiling to himself as he pulled away. "I love you, and I glad you care about Jungkook." Namjoon said. Jin smiled and hugged him. "I love you too." He said, Namjoon smiling to himself.