Worse

That same day, Jin had to call Taehyung about the situation so Jimkn could know. It broke Taehyung's heart to hear Jungkook might not make it because Jungkook was Jimin's friend.

"I'll let him know." Taehyung said before hanging up. "Kitten?" Taehyung said. Jimin looked up at Taehyung from the carpet where he was playing with his toys.

"What, Dada?" Jimkn mumbled. "Come here." Taehyung said. Jimin got up and crawled onto the couch next to Taehyung. "I have to tell you something and it's going to make you a little sad, okay?" Taehyung said.

"What?" Jimin asked. "Jungkookie is really sick and he might not make it sweetie." Taehyung said. "What's that mean, Dada?" Jimin asked. "Jungkook might die." Taehyung said and he could see the fear and hurt wash over Jimin's face.

"No, I don't want kookie to die..." Jimin began crying and Taehyung hugged him. "I know but all we can do is hope for the best right now, okay? There's a chance he might not." Taehyung tried to be optimistic.

He placed Jimin in his lap and hugged him. "Dada~" Jimin cried. "Shhh, I know. I'm upset too. I hope he'll be okay." Taehyung said.

Throughout the day, Jungkook seemed like he was getting worse and worse. They had a close call on two occasions when Jungkook was having shortness of breathe and his lungs filled with fluid.

Jungkook hadn't been speaking much, let alone moving at all. He continued to shake quite a bit and his fever hadn't gone down either. "Jin?" Jungkook breathed out, coughing a little. "Yes?" Jin said and looked up.

"If I d-don't make it-" "You're gonna be okay. Don't say you won't make it because you will." Jin said. "I'm scared." Jungkook began to cry. Jin and Namjoon both got up and rushed over the him to comfort him.

"We're here with you, don't be scared. You're gonna be alright." Namjoon said. Jin caressed his face and wiped the tears away. "It's so hard to b-breathe and it hurts when I do." Jungkook mumbled.

"I know but does, just push through it okay?" Jin spoke softly. Jungkook was given another does of antibiotics, which at this pointed seemed like they weren't helping.

It was late at night visiting hours were coming to an end. "Please don't leave me, I-I'm scared." Jungkook began to tear up again. "Shhh, it's okay. We'll be back tomorrow. Get some rest, baby boy. We love you, okay?" Jin said.

Jin gave him a comforting mile and squeezed his hand gently before the two left.

That night is when things decided to take a turn for the worse. Jin woke up around 2:30 a.m. with a bad feeling inside. Like something just wasn't right. At that instant his phone began ringing.

"Hello?" Jin answered. "This is Dr. Young, you two need to come to the hospital immediately." He said. "What's going on?" Jin asked, reaching over and shaking Namjoon to wake him up.

"Jungkook's lungs have been slightly filling with fluid every now and then. He's been able to drain them himself but it's only a matter of time before they completely fill and he may pass." He said.

"Okay, we're in our way. Is he alright now?" Jin asked. "He's currently unconscious so please do get here quickly." He said. Jin hung up and got his shoes on. "We need to go." Jin told Namjoon who figured what the situation was.

They both quickly got their coats on and left the house, speeding to the hospital. Once there, they quickly went to Jungkook's room where his doctor was and few nurses were in there as well. Jungkook has been connected to a few more machines and he was unconscious.

Jin walked over to his bed and rested up. "You're gonna be okay, baby. Just keep fighting for a little longer. I know you can." Jin let a few tears fall. The boy suddenly began struggling to breathe, his doctor knowing his lungs were probably filling with fluid at the moment.

Jin watched as Jungkook's pulse got lower and lower. The two were a little confused at what was about to happen as nurses rushed around and Jungkook's doctor turned to Jin. "I need you two to leave the room." He said.

"What-" Jin let out. "Now please." Dr. Young said. Jin heard a long beep and looked up, seeing Jungkook didn't have a pulse. "Jungkook!" Jin called but of course the boy did isn't respond. "No...No!" Jin began crying as Namjoon took him out the room.

Namjoon wrapped his arms around Jin and held him tightly as he cried hysterically. He was sure they'd lost him. Namjoon didn't want to cry because he didn't want to worry Jin anymore, but he couldn't help stop the tears that were already falling.

"Shhh." Namjoon murmured. "J-Joonie~" Jin cried. "I know, I k-know. Shhhhh." Namjoon hushed him.

They were in the lobby for a while before security told them they had to leave and that the doctors were working hard. Jin and Namjoon left because they had no choice to.

The ride home was quiet but as soon as they got home, Jin broke into tears again. He laid in bed and cried, Namjoon laying beside him and holding him close.

"He's g-gone." Jin cried. "We don't know that yet, baby." Namjoon said. "He didn't have a pulse when we left!" Jin sobbed. It hurt Namjoon to much to try and reassure Jin because he knew Jungkook was probably gone too.

Eventually they both ended up crying themselves back to sleep, not sure how Jungkook's fate turned out.