Baby Talk

"Dada?"

"Yes, Bunny?"

"Can we please get a puppy?"

"How many times have I told you we can't, Namjoon is allergic."

Jungkook squirmed underneath the blanket before sitting up, Jin standing on the other side of the room. It was the next morning and the younger had slipped into littlespace.

"But Daddy doesn't have to go near it?" Jungkook said. "Dogs shed and there'll be hair everywhere and he'll be sneezing until he can't breathe, so no puppies. No cats, no hamsters, nothing with fur." Jin said.

Jungkook pouted, tears welling up in his eyes. Jin sighed and walked over to the bed. "Please don't cry, please don't." Jin hoped but Jungkook started crying anyways.

He picked the boy up in his arms and carried him out the bedroom, the little crying into his shoulder as he walked downstairs. "I w-want a puppy~" He cried. "I know, but we can't. You can always go play with Jimin and his dog." Jin reminded.

"But I want my own to play with." Jungkook said as he lifted his head up. Jin smiled sadly and wiped the little's tears away.

"Is he crying over a dog again?" Namjoon asked as they entered the kitchen. "Yes." Jin sighed. "Aww, come here." He held his arms out and Jin handed Jungkook to Namjoon, Jin going to start breakfast.

Namjoon sat Jungkook on top of the counter and stood in front of him. "You know we can't get a dog, is there anything you'd want instead?" Namjoon asked, caressing his face and wiping the tears away.

"I dunno." Jungkook mumbled, swinging his legs back and forth. "Do you want a lizard?" Namjoon asked. "No, those are no fun." Jungkook said. "Ooo, a tarantula?" Namjoon teased, Jungkook shaking his head. "Scary." He said.

Jungkook thought for a moment before clasping his hands together, a hopeful look in his eyes and expressed across his face. "A fishy? Can we get a goldfish?" Jungkook asked adorably.

Namjoon awed quietly and picked the boy back up in his arms. "Sure, Bunny, we can get a goldfish." Namjoon said. "Really?!" Jungkook got excited, Jin laughing at his cuteness. "Yes, we can." Namjoon nodded, placing a kiss on his cheek.

For breakfast they had oatmeal and muffins, Jungkook eating his muffin in a smaller pieces to prevent choking. "Do you wanna take him to get it today?" Jin asked Namjoon quietly and Namjoon nodded.

After eating breakfast, they all took showers and got ready for the day. Jungkook wore a pair of overalls and sweater, looking adorable as usual.

Jin helped him put his shoes on, as well as his coat and hat before they left the house to go to the pet store. Jungkook sat in his seat, excited to get a goldfish.

When they arrived at the pet store, they got out the car and walked inside, Jungkook finding the goldfish tank in the back of the store. "There's so many." Jungkook murmured as he looked around the tank.

The worker walking around the store approached them. "Are you guys purchasing one?" She asked with a smile and Jin nodded. She picked one out of the tank and placed it in a bag filled with water before showing them where all the aquarium accessories were.

They picked a tank and a small house to put in the fish tank for this fish, as well as other things needed for the fish. They bought the stuff before leaving. "Do you wanna hold it?" Jin asked and Jungkook nodded.

"Be careful, now." Jin said as he handed the bag to Jungkook. They got into the car and Jungkook sat with the bag on his lap, peering at the little goldfish swimming around.

Namjoon began driving home, Jungkook excited about his goldfish. "What do you wanna name it, Kookie?" Jin asked. "Bubbles!" Jungkook chirped, Jin and Namjoon laughing softly.

When they got home, Namjoon set the fish tank up in a empty spot of their bedroom, putting in the pebbles, a few aquarium plants and the little house for the fish before filling it with water.

Jungkook handed the bag to Namjoon, who poured it into the tank once it was done filling up. "Yay." Jungkook said quietly as he watched the fish swim around, Jin and Namjoon satisfied seeing his happiness.

"Thank you~" Jungkook smiled as he gave both Jin and Namjoon a hug. "Of course, baby. Anything for you." Namjoon said and kissed his forehead gently.

....

Later that day, Jungkook was out of littlespace.

All three of them were sitting in the couch watching tv, Jungkook holding both of their hands.

"I'm tired." Jungkook mumbled. "You've barely done anything all day." Jin laughed. "I know but sometimes do you ever just get tired of doing nothing?" Jungkook asked. "Yes, we know what you mean, Jungkook. Go on and take a nap then." Namjoon said.

Jungkook rested his head on Jin's shoulder, sighing quietly. "I love you guys, a lot. I still can't believe we've been together for this long." Jungkook murmured. "We love you too." Jin said, stroking his hair gently.

"Thanks for taking care of me all the time. I'm glad you guys agreed to it in the first place because I don't know where I'd be right now without you two." Jungkook added. "Of course, baby, we'll be here for you, no matter what." Namjoon whispered, placing a kiss on his cheek.

"Go on and take a nap now." Jin kissed his forehead, Jungkook smiling faintly as he closed his eyes and drifted to sleep, happy to have two caring people in his life who loved him so much.

Jungkook had been through so many traumatizing experiences in his life, it was no secret on why he ended up the way he was when he became older.

Jin and Namjoon both knew some horrible things had been done to him and Jungkook ended up doing horrible things himself but that was all in the past now. Jungkook wasn't in control of himself  back then but now he was better. He didn't have to worry about losing control of himself anymore because for the first time, he had two wonderful people who cared about him so much.  Even more than his own parents did.

Jin and Namjoon loved him equally and Jungkook loved them back, that's all that mattered from now on...

End~

.....
Welp, that's it. That's the end. I don't know what else to say but thank you all so much for reading this far and enjoying the book as well as Baby Steps. It really means a lot to me cause I write these stories literally when I'm bored and half the time I don't even know where they're going but you all end up liking them anyways and that makes me really happy, so thank you so much🥺💜💜💜