CHAPTER 12 NEVER ALONE

Kageyama glared down at his maths work book, across from him Hinata was nodding off trying to focus. "I'll get us some drinks." The taller boy offered getting up stretching, however Hinata didn't move he was snoring away crouched in an uncomfortable position.

Kageyama thought about waking the boy, practice had been grueling and Hinata had been excited to come over and study. He said Suga needed a break, he was looking worn down. Tobio had to agree the omega vice captain took it upon himself to keep the players who were struggling academically up to par. That turned out to be everyone but Azumane, and Daichi.

Kageyama heard a whimper from his room, his house was empty, his family often left him alone while they worked or travel overseas on business. Did someone sneak in? He left the two water bottles and took the stairs two at a time, he rushed into his room ready to fight. However no one was there but the Omega still sleeping with his head on Kageyama's table. He went to nudge Hinata out of his nightmare, kneeling down he meant to put a hand on Hinata's shoulder but the boy sat up with a shout. "NO!"

Tobio didn't know what to do, he was staring into wide gold eyes, Hinata seemed a million miles away. "You are safe, you're alright. Shoyo?" Kageyama did what Suga would have and he embraced the short fireball. Hugging was foreign to him, however he had watched Suga these last few weeks and thought if that's all it took to quiet down his omega teammates when stressed he could do that. This was practice, besides after that kiss Hinata surprised him with a week ago, couldn't help but wonder if they were going to touch again. He waited for the smaller boy to make his move but nothing.

True they did eat lunch together everyday, and sometimes if he was distracted by an article in a volleyball magazine the shorter boy would feed him. Kageyama wouldn't admit to anyone if asked, but he loved that treatment. He liked how Omegas scented their surroundings gently. They were more open to express feeling, with hugging and high fives. Where as alphas tended to be more quiet and the only outbursts were out of anger.

Being on a team with Omegas was different than what he was used to, he hated to think of his dark past, he shivered, Shoyo didn't know that part of him, hadn't met his middleschool teammates. Would he hate him? He was far from a King, even if Hinata poked fun at him calling him his majesty or King. But did anyone know what the nickname really meant, it was a brand that burned the Alpha. It was a cruel nickname given by abused teammates, all Alphas not liking the youngest player challenging them on their court.

Hinata squeezed back, his arm tight around Kageyama's waist, the smaller boy was taking deep breaths.

"Just breathe with me, just breathe with me. Deep breaths, that's right." And Hinata started to calm.

He stiffened pulling away, "I should go home! I'm sorry-"

"Wait." Kageyama wasn't going to let him off so easy, the Alpha gently pushed him down to sit on the bed. Panic filled the smaller boys eyes he glanced around his hands fisted at his side.

"Calm down get your mind out of the gutter." Kageyama didn't mean to sound angry but hated the lack of trust. He wasn't some horny teenager, well he was but he was keeping that part of himself in check. Definitely not thinking of their kiss a few weeks ago or the light touches in between. He wasn't some touch starved kindergartner. He was fifteen going on sixteen. A first year in high school, he could handle delicious scents and close proximity.

The scent of fear was stronger and Hinata was on his feet. "It's late I better go-"

"Why are you so jumpy? I already said you can trust me." Tobio put a firm hand on Hinata's shoulder, it was almost like last time except the Omega didn't kiss him. Instead the omega brought his knee up hard and Tobio sank to his knees.