Chapter 21. New Kids on the block

Tomo rushed to the hospital, all he heard was that an small omega on one of the teams had dropped. He wasn't stupid he knew that only two teams had 'small' omegas. Karasuno was one of them.

"I said where the hell is my kid! I was told-"

"Uncle?" Tomo thought his knees were going to give out.

"Shoyo!" He glared at the unhelpful nurse before going to the short player, he was on his knees hands on Shoyo's shoulders. "Where have you been! I tried calling you."

"I'm sorry uncle there's no reception here."

Tomo repeated the words shakily, "No reception. Of course not." He pulled the boy into a tight hug and started scenting the shocked omega.

"I thought-...When they said an omega dropped I thought-...Are you okay? Why are you here?" Tomo pulled away holding the boy at arms length scanning his face for injury.

"My friend." Hinata tried to keep the tears down but he was scared and it all just bubbled out like word vomit tends to do.

"You're okay. Ssh. It will be okay." Tomo held the kid closer rubbing circles into his back the two found a place to sit in the waiting room. "We'll wait here until we hear word. Alright?" Hinata nodded.

Kiyo Kuroo was across from them pacing, he looked a lot like his oldest and only son. Except his dark black hair was combed neatly to his head with an undershave. His fringe fell over his left eye and his canine teeth peaked out from under his top lip.

Shoyo watched as Uncle approached the other Alpha and his worried son, it made his heart warm. He had never known such a man, the alphas his aunt had brought home to live for whatever amount of hellish time they stuck around none were like Tomo-san. What would happen if his aunt did come back? Would Tomo be booted? Where would he go, who would take him in? He had said he didn't have family. Was it bad to wish Auntie wouldn't return.

He suddenly felt very cold and wanted to be held as if hearing his inner wish, warm arms were around him, a stubbly chin was scenting the top of his head. "I know you're worried but things are looking up. Kuroo-san says Kenma is stable he's just resting he'll even be able to play tomorrow. These damn volleyball heads, but the doctor told Kiyo that exercise is good to get the endorphins flowing. "

"Who?" Hinata watched as a tall blond haired man dressed in a green and gray tracksuit approached Kiyo-san, Kuroo had gone to the vending machine. It wasn't the stranger that drew Shoyo's attention but the girl beside him. She smiled gently, no fakeness behind it and the Omega coach she was with handed the man a card. They bowed and left, the two approached a confused Shoyo and his alpha parent.

"Shoyo. I'm so sorry to hear what happened." Cassie gave the young setter a tight hug, Shoyo looked over at the omega in the track suit.

"Let me introduce my coach. Hinata this is my volleyball coach at Ouran Omega Academy, Madea Sora. Coach Madea-"

"Oh, no. Hinata Shoyo needs no introduction. " The omega with green eyes smiled gently and offered his hand, Hinata hesitantly took it.

"I heard what you did your father must be very proud of you. Such a fine young man you're raising."

Tomo did not contradict the stranger he only narrowed his eyes.

Coach Madea offered his hand, Tomo smiled faintly.

"We came to offer whatever support we could. I know that young man doesn't have omegas on his own team, in these situations touch starvation is very common. However it seems Karasuno has more than enough to lend their crosstown rival. Such great sportsmanship is rarely seen."