Chapter 38 Hold Me

Hinata remained in Kageyama's arms, his body limp, eyes still slightly glazed over but he was more alert, his sobs and whimpers proved that.The younger alpha continue to scent his omega in an attempt to keep him calm, grateful that the captain had given his volleyball jacketws, the scent of another trusted alpha seemed to help keep Hinata calm. His face was turned into the collar of the jacket, his head resting in the crook of the raven haired setter's arm. The omega wasn't answering any questions and Kageyama worried Hinata couldn't hear him.

"I can smell him- he's on me." Shoyo whined, pulling the jacket closer to his face, he took deep breaths as Kageyama rocked the small crow back and forth.

"He's not here. It's only us."

Then the ambulance showed up, the paramedics entered the room and the boy came out of his sleepy stupor, whining and trembling, turning into Kageyama's neck clutching at his shirt front.

"No. No more. I can smell him, he's on me. I'm so dirty. Don't hurt me. No more, please. Kageyama-"

The young alpha felt so helpless, he looked up to hear Tomo who just entered let out a fierce growl in warning to the other alpha approaching his pup.

Hinata's small sobbs finally sent Tomo feral he had to be pulled out of the room by coach Ukai and officer Sawamura. He placed the alphas out of the room as they were a threat to the most vulnerable member of his family.

"I've got you. He's not here, he's not here. It's only us and the pack. He'll have to go through Daichi, Tanaka-senpai, Narita, Kinoshita, even Asahi and Tsukishima are here and Tomo is just outside the door. I even heard Noya-senpai was rolling up his sleeves, he's pretty strong and fearless for an omega. Suga-san can be plenty scary when he's mad and everyone else is here for you too. No one will hurt you."

"I can smell him." Shoyo hiccuped and Kageyama pushed the small boys face into his scent gland.

"Don't worry. You're safe. I have you now. I'm sorry I wasn't fast enough. I'm sorry Shoyo. Please, please just don't leave me. I'll be a better alpha."

Kageyama wasn't doing any better then Tomo, the sobs pulled at his very soul, he held tighter to Hinata who's breathing started to speed up dangerously.  Kageyama didn't need to pull the small trembling boy away from him to see that the boys eyes were starting to cloud, a sure sign of impending drop. He looked to Suga and Takeda. The two Omegas stepped into the room, the two omegas he trusted most, his eyes narrowing and without a word the gray haired setter gave him a reassuring smile.

"No, alphas! The scents are scaring him." Suga hissed, rushing over to the bed to run calming fingers through the orange locks. He rubbed circles into the tense omega's back and whispered reassuring words.

"You heard him! Out!" Takeda pushed the one alpha paramedic allowing the one other paramedic, a beta female, to stay as well as the nervous looking nurse.

Suga was scenting Kageyama, something that normally would make him blush, but in this instance he almost felt instantly calmer. He turned into the scent of Honeysuckle and vanilla, of fresh cut grass and summer. Hands were rubbing his back and when the beta and the nurse neared the bed to take a now calmer but still trembling Hinata, Kageyama wasn't snarling, instead he just refused to let go.

"I'll carry him to the ambulance." the raven haired alpha stated firmly.

"He-" The beta started to object.

"He's as heavy as a volleyball." Kageyama growled lowly, "I'm not letting him go." He then looked down at the tearstained face, wide golden eyes looking up at him, "I'm not letting him out of my sight. Ever."