Chapter 25. Breathe

Kageyama blocked another ball that flew at Hinata's head, "Oi! Dumbass! Quit spacing out it's dangerous!"

The shorter boy blushed looking on sheepishly "Sorry. I'll pay closer attention."

Hinata plastered a smile to his face, but he was worried about the strange alpha that had been at the house when their aunt reappeared.  She popped in and out but didn't sleep at the house when she was home she said cruel things to Shoyo unless Tomo was around. However it wasn't fair to Tomo.

This is what was killing Hinata, he was old enough to know what was going on. The alpha was trying to make some kind of relationship work with his drunk aunt. She was no longer violent towards Natsu and Shoyo but she was cruel to Tomo.  This morning Tomo had a fat lip and scratches on his neck.

"Hinata watch out!" Asahi's warning was two seconds too late and Hinata woke up in the infirmary.

"Shit! I have to pick up my sister!"  Shoyo tore awake seeing that it was late by the setting sun.

He fucked up, what if Auntie picked up  Natsu, what if she ran off with her what if they-"Big brother's face looks like volleyball." He turned to see his sister sitting on Suga's lap.

"That's what happens when you don't pay attention during practice."

Kageyama watched the small orange haired girl climb up onto the bed and snuggle her brother.

"I'm alright." He cooed back to her and she purred, the scent was something Kageyama had never experienced. This was a similar scent to Shoyo's but softer almost sweeter like candy and something else.

Suga smiled from his chair he stood up, "Don't thank me it was Kageyama's idea to have me run to the elementary school and bring Natsu here." Hinata blushed hugging his sister

"Thank you Kageyama, thank you."  Shoyo sat up and petted his sister's hair, the setter didn't know how to respond.

"That is what omegas smell like when they're young like Natsu, its like baby powder and chupa chups. She'll grow out of it and her scent will be more like Shoyo's when she hits middleschool."

Suga took Kageyama's arm and led him towards the two, Natsu giggled when her big brother pulled the tall scowly alpha down onto the bed and started to scent him. Natsu had learned from Tomo that scowly alphas weren't always so bad, besides Shoyo liked the dark haired boy. She knew this because she had heard him talking to their alpha about him. She shyly brushed her chin against the arm that wrapped around her brother. He stiffened but she giggled and continued to scent him. He was Shoyo's, and anything that was Shoyo's was also hers. It would be nice having another big brother, especially this one, he could scare away bullies that tugged at her orange hair and called her strawberry head.

~0~

"Here they come, act normal." Akihito whispered to no one but himself, he hurried from the window to a seat on the couch.  His wife nearly stumbled over him and she went to the opposite couch picking up her phone pretending to check her emails after smoothing out her yellow dress.