Prolouge

(Those of you who are new, I hope you enjoy this book! Those of you who are rereading this...why? btw, this was remastered for the purpose of the Wattys)

A beautiful sight of the ocean blue is seen. All kinds of colorful folks are noticed swimming around enjoying their day. A group of tiny fish swims by as we come to view a cave with the entrance surrounded by seaweed. We enter inside and find a small glorious home of an orange anemone with purple and pink coral sticking out the bottom of it. There were also lines of shells around as if they were a landmark. A bright young clownfish suddenly comes into view with a slightly concerned expression written on her face.

Sebrina continuously swam around her anemone impatiently, as if she were waiting for something to happen or arrive. The neighborhood around her wasn't very big so it wasn't like she'd have to wait very long. There were corals, seaweed, and pebbles everywhere and her anemone was standing in between two giant rocks.
"Where could she be?!" Sebrina asked herself in wonder and worry. She swam in circles but stopped when she noticed a familiar clownfish swimming towards her up ahead.
"Savannah, THERE you are! Where have YOU been?" Sebrina asked jokingly as she swam up to her friend. Her smile vanished as quick as lightning when she saw Savannah's expression as if she was being chased.
"SEBRINA!! HIDE!" She commanded frightened. Having no explanation whatsoever, Sebrina followed her behind her anemone. Quitely and frighteningly, they both looked through the anemone as the whole thing swayed back and forth and suddenly, a giant barracuda could be seen staring at them, as if it came out of nowhere.
"Don't move!" Savannah whispered to Sebrina, hoping the barracuda was as blind as a bat. Sebrina wasn't scared. She never WAS scared of anything, but she didn't like where this was going to go. 

As soon as the barracuda turned his head and slowly swam out of their sight, Savannah looked over at her friend.
"Follow me." She told her before swimming away as fast as she could. Unfortunately for her though, the barracuda snapped its head towards her and followed, making Sebrina panic and not move a muscle. Savannah didn't realize this until she turned right back around.
"Sebrina? Sebrina?!!" Savannah called her name in worry. Quickly, she tried to see where her friend was and found that she was still behind the anemone.
Even worse, the barracuda was showing his deadly stare right at Savannah, cornering her. She had nowhere to go because of the rocks and corals around. She could only go forward, which would result in her literally trying to kill herself.

She was panicked, not stupid.

Sebrina could only watch in horror as the barracuda went to work and chomped down on its delicious meal, and it didn't stop for anything, acting like it was celebrating its hunt. Its teeth sank down on its meal as easy as pecan pie. It felt like hours but it was only a few minutes before the barracuda left, leaving absolutely nothing behind. No scraps of Savannah at all. Sebrina would've passed out right there hadn't she pushed herself to swim away as far as she could...

and never turn back...

She swam for about a couple of hours or so and the day became night. The only light was the light of the moon shining through the ocean. Otherwise, it was utter darkness. Savannah was dead, Sebrina realized. This thought filled her and made her want to cry out, but then the anger came, coating the pain. Saving her and overwhelming the parts of her that were afraid. From somewhere foggy, she thought.
"I'm all alone..."