Chapter Nine

Back at the Sydney docks, most of the pelicans were talking about Marlin's journey while Nigel was in a different rock, getting ready to eat a green crab. What bothered him the most was the seagulls beside him blabbing on about wanting the crab.
"MINE! MINE! MINE! MINE! MINE! MINE! MINE!" They continued on.
"Oh would you just SHUT UP! You rats with wings!" Nigel yelled at them. He was getting ready to eat the crab until he heard one of the pelicans talking about Nemo.
"...looking for his boy Nemo!" Was what he heard.
"Nemo?!" Nigel asked. He looked at them for a moment.
"Ah take it! Are you happy?!" Nigel tossed the crab towards the pelicans and flew over to the other pelicans.
"Hey hey hey! You just said something about Nemo! What was it?!" Nigel asked.
While the pelicans were explaining Marlin's journey, the crab landed on a rock next to the seagulls. He then jumped off the rock and into the water, causing the seagulls to pout.
"Last I heard, he's heading towards the harbor!" The pelican finished explaining the story to Nigel.
"Ho ho! Brilliant!" Nigel cheered before flying back to the dentist office.

Meanwhile, in the fish tank, Nemo was sitting in the helmet, still pouting about his failure. He looked up at the Darla picture and sighed. He knew this was going to be the last 48 hours of his life, and it was all his fault. If he would've just been braver in the filter, everyone would escape, if he would've just listened to his father, none of this would ever happened.
Besides, his father is to scared of the ocean to try and rescue him. He knew he was nothing but...a failure.

(I want to cry now for some weird reason.😭😭😭)

"Is he doing okay?" Deb whispered to the others as they swam down to him.
"I wouldn't know but don't mention D-A-R-" Gurgle whispered. Nemo swam past them.
"It's okay I know who you're talking about." Nemo muttered. Bloat looked over at Gurgle and wapped him on the head.
As Nemo swam over, he looked up at the filter and quickly swam away from it.
He came up to the skull, knowing Gill was in there, just as sad as he was.
"Gill?" Nemo asked. He swam up to the eye and noticed Gill sitting in the skull.
"...Gill?" Nemo asked again.
"...Hey Sharkbait." Gill muttered.
"I'm sorry I couldn't stop the-" Nemo tried apologising.
"No I'm the one who should be sorry." Gill said shamefully.
"...I was so ready to get out. So ready to taste that ocean...I was willing to put you in harm's way to get there...nothing should be worth that..." Gill explained. He finally looked up at Nemo, still looking upset.
"I'm sorry I couldn't get you to your father, kid." Gill apologised.
Nemo still looked ashamed.

Nigel was gasping and panting, trying to get to the window. Once he was within earshot he starting yelling.
"*Gasp* *pant* *gasp* Hey! Hey! Hey-" he slammed into the closed window, causing the dentist to snap the tooth out of a patient's mouth in shock.
"What the-?" The patient screamed in agony.
"Well uh.. that's one way to pull a tooth eh?" The dentist walked over, opened the window and looked around.
"...darn kids. Well good thing I pulled the right one eh?" He left, leaving the window wide open.
Nigel poked up and then stood on the window.
"Hey pst..." He whispered, getting all of the fish attention.
"Oh Nigel! You just missed an extraction!" Peach explained excitedly.
"Ooh! Has he loosened the periodontal ligament yet?!" Nigel asked changing the subject.
"Oh! What am I talking about?! Nemo! Where's Nemo? I've gotta speak with him!" Nigel looked around.
Nemo swam up next to Gill.
"What? What is it?" Nemo asked, interested in what he was gonna say.
"Your dad's been fighting the ENTIRE OCEAN looking for YOU!" Nigel told him. Nemo and the Tank Gang were shocked.
"My father?! Really?!" Nemo asked excited.
"Yeah! He's traveled hundreds of miles! He's been battling sharks and jellyfish and-" Nigel explained. He was more excited about Nemo's dad fightimg on the enemies.
"Sharks?...that can't be him." Nemo mumbled in disbelief.
"Guess so. What was his name?  Some sort of sport fish. Tuna, Trout?-" Nigel asked himself.
"Marlin?!" Nemo asked.
"Ah that's it! Marlin! The little clownfish from the reef!" Nigel said.
"IT'S MY DAD! HE TOOK ON A SHARK!!" Nemo yelled out happily.
"I heard he took on 3!" Nigel said holding up 3 feather like fingers. They all gasped.
"3 sharks?!" Gill asked him surprised.
"That's gotta be 48 hundred teeth!" Bloat said shocked by what he just heard.
"See, after you were taken by a diver over there,your father followed the boat like a MAINIAC!" Nigel told Nemo.
"Really?" Nemo asked one last time.
Nigel explained his story to them but Nemo could barely hear what he was saying because he was to busy having the shocking thought of his dad rescuing him.
"....the word is he's heading this way right now...TO SYDNEY!" Nigel finished the amazing story. The tank gang cheered.
"Looks like your dad was looking for you after all eh Sharkbait?" Gill and the other's looked over but Nemo was no longer there! Gill turned and gasped. Nemo was grabbing a pebble with his mouth and swimming into the filter!

"He's swimming to the filter!" Gurgle panicked as Deb gasped.
"SHARKBAIT!" Gill yelled as they tried to get him.
"Not again!" Bloat freaked out s well.
Nemo came up to the surface and spat the pebble through. Then just in time, Nemo got in before Gill could catch him!
"Sharkbait!" Gill yelled as Nemo went in. Gill then went back down.
"You've got your whole life ahead of you!" Gurgle yelled out to Nemo. Gill swam over to a plant and tried getting it out.
"GIVE ME THAT THING!" Deb shouted.

Meanwhile, Nemo had the rock in his good fin, determined to get the filter stuck this time.
'I'm not leaving until these fish escape!' Nemo thought in his head.

Finally, Gill was able to get the plant out. They all swam up and started putting the plant up through the filter pipe.
"Get him outta there!" Deb panicked.
Suddenly, they heard a loud clang! The plant was stuck and Nemo hasn't come out!
They all gasped and swam up to the filter box.
"NEMO! CAN YOU HEAR ME?!" Gill asked as Deb cried.

Nemo suddenly came up behind them!
"Yeah I can hear you." Nemo said as they gasped.
"SHARKBAIT! YOU DID IT!" Gill cheered. Gurgle hugged Nemo.
"Oh Sharkbait you're...covered with GERMS!! AAH!" He swam away. They all laughed.
"Ha ha.  That took GUTS kid!" Gill told Nemo.

Gill and Nemo were sitting side by side and in-between them was the picture of Darla.
"Alright gang, we have less than 48hours before Darla gets here. This tank'll get plenty dirty by then, but we have to help it along anyway we can!" Gill explained as he looked at the Tank Gang, who were standing inline side by side.
"Jacques?" Gill asked. He looked up.
"No cleaning!" Gill told him.
"I shall resist!" Jacques saluted.
"Everybody else? Be as dirty as possible. Think dirty thoughts! We're gonna make this tank SO FILTHY, the dentist will HAVE to clean it-" Gill explained. Bloat burped, causing Gurgle to back away in disgust.
"Good work!" Gill told him as Nemo laughed.

(Sorry for the slow updates. I'm stuck doing spring clean up. Good news is, I'm free today!)