[8]

┏━━━━•✧*̥✧•━━━━┓

┏━━━━•✧*̥✧•━━━━┓

erena found herself at the vending machine yet again on a brisk monday morning. like everyone else, her brain was asleep and her feet had taken over, walking to wherever they wanted to. 

it was no surprise that she was at the vending machine then. it was probably the place she liked most in the school, and not just for its strawberry milk, but rather the person always with her.

he was here today again, his long fingers pressing the correct buttons to get a plain milk carton.

"morning, yamayama-kun," she yawned, pressing her buttons to get a strawberry milk carton. 

he nodded. "hello, erena-san."

"you look strangely alive," erena took in his appearance. "i-i mean, most people on mondays would be like me; ready to fall asleep anytime."

kageyama chuckled. "i would fall asleep, but daichi would get mad at me."

"who's daichi?" erena blinked, having never heard this name brought up by kageyama or her brother and his friends. "is he the coach?"

"nah, the captain," kageyama replied. "i forgot you haven't been introduced to the team."

'i forgot you haven't been introduced to the team' made it sound like kageyama needed to introduce her like a girlfriend to his team instead of his parents. thinking about this, erena nearly blushed, but instead kept her composure and said, "oooh! i would love to meet them!"

"you don't," he said dryly. "they're a bunch of crackheads."

"i love crackheads! they're stoopid!"

he facepalmed. "i forgot you were one too. and don't pronounce stupid like that."

"whatever! when can i meet them?"

kageyama contemplated this. "you can come by after school. we have practice, and then you could watch us."

erena nearly screamed in delight. along with meeting some crackheads, her goal was to watch kageyama play. she loved the way he seemed so happy playing volleyball. he seemed so at home with the game. but instead of screaming, she groaned and smacked her forehead. 

"i can't today," she pouted. "i'm in the photography club and we have a meeting today."

"oh," he looked down before looking up with hopeful eyes. "maybe another time?"

maybe, erena though, just maybe, kageyama wanted her to be there as much as she wanted to be there. 

she smiled at the though.

"yeah. of course."

┗━━━━•✧*̥✧•━━━━┛

word count: 388