[14]

a/n i know it isn't canon that karasuno had a practice game with johzenji, but whatever

┏━━━━•✧*̥✧•━━━━┓

"oikawa-chan!"

school had just finished, students pouring out of the gates, eager to head home. unlike those students, erena was thirsty for strawberry milk and could not survive the trip home without it. of course, that landed her at the vending machine. 

she stared off into the horizon, hoping to see kageyama but instead saw an unfamiliar male wearing the johzenji uniform with an undercut with spiky hair who called out her last name with a grin. erena tilted her head curiously. "oikawa...chan?"

"you must be oikawa's younger sister," the male chuckled. "you are, aren't you?"

"sadly," she grinned. "how'd you know?"

he shrugged. "same hair. same eyes. same skin. you're like a female version of him."

"damn," she pouted. "that means i'm ugly trash!"

"okay," he chuckled. "you're like the female version of him, minus the ugliness and trashiness."

"better," she giggled, sipping on her strawberry milk.

he face palmed. "i need to introduce myself to you! i'm terushima yuuji, captain of the johzenji boy's volleyball team, second year, class seven."

"class seven?" pondered erena. "that's pretty impressive."

"yeah," he laughed. "by the way, i'm so sorry that i forgot to introduce myself to you. i'm just so stoked to be playing karasuno in volleyball today. last year they were a mediocre team, but this year there's rumors that there's some crazy first years that took down seijoh."

"they're more than just rumors," said erena proudly. "hinata and kageyama definitely are crazy."

"they'll be epic to play against," terushima grinned before a couple of his teammates waiting at the gym called him over. "the guys are calling me, i better go kick some asses. it was nice talking to you."

"back at ya," smiled erena, taking another sip. 

terushima ruffled her hair again. "you know, you're pretty cute."

before erena could respond, she felt a hand grabbed her wrist and take her away from terushima. she blinked in surprise when she saw who it was. "yamayama-!"

he interrupted her halfway, engulfing her in a warm hug.

"i'm sorry for being selfish," he whispered, his breath tickling her ear. "i just want you to myself."

┗━━━━•✧*̥✧•━━━━┛

word count: 358