[32]

┏━━━━•✧*̥✧•━━━━┓

┏━━━━•✧*̥✧•━━━━┓

erena, hand-in-hand with kageyama, somehow ended up at the vending machine. but it did make sense, though. the vending machine was their place. it was where they had shared good and bad moments. 

right now, erena had no idea whether it was going to be a good or a bad moment. there was a possibility that kageyama would tell her that him and yachi had been together for a long time, and he was leading erena on just so her feelings wouldn't get hurt.

but that idea seemed cruel, and so erena banished it from her head, because one thing she knew was that kageyama was not a cruel person.

"so," kageyama began, breaking the silence. "where should i start explaining?"

"why did hitoka make you smile?" erena immediately asked before looking down. "i'm sorry for being so hasty. it's just...i've known you for so long yet you rarely smiled at me. and now you're smiling to someone you met only a few months ago."

"i wasn't smiling to her, dumbass," kageyama explained, his usual language coming through even if they were in the middle of a serious conversation. erena bit her lip to stop herself from smiling at that. "i was smiling because of her. because she was talking about you, you know? thinking about you...it just brought a smile to my face."

the last sentence was enough to make erena happy for a year. but she wouldn't let that show, not until something else was cleared. "but why did you two meet like that? you lied to me, saying that you had to stay back in class. why were you so secretive? and you said hitoka was talking about me. what was...she saying?"

"we were talking about, because," kageyama took a deep breath and his cheeks reddened. "look erena-san, i r-really like you. the past few months made me realize that. but i suck at romance, and no matter how much romance books or movies i see, i still didn't know how to ask you out. so i met up with yachi-san, and together we were going to come up with a plan. a plan for you and me to date."

erena stood there, surprised and kageyama squeezed her hand. "even though things didn't go according to plan, i still hope the result is the same."

"i really like you too, yamayama-kun," erena found her voice and replied, her cheeks a soft pink. 

and kageyama broke into a smile, a smile bigger than the one in the gym. "so, we're dating?"

"of course!"

┗━━━━•✧*̥✧•━━━━┛

word count: 447