epilogue

┏━━━━•✧*̥✧•━━━━┓

┏━━━━•✧*̥✧•━━━━┓

"erena! will you put the damn milk down! that's your fifth one today!"

"sorry mum," erena said sheepishly before looking down. "i'm just...kinda nervous."

oikawa akasuki bent down to hug her daughter, kissing her forehead. "it's normal to be nervous about your wedding, erena. the important thing is to ask yourself whether you'll be happy afterwards."

"i will be," erena smiled, remembering all the times since junior high school in which she had been her happiest around kageyama. "i know i will be."

"then smile and don't cry," akasuki ruffled her hair gently so not to mess up erena's hair. "you'll mess up your make-up."

erena nodded and wiped at her eyes. "i'll miss seeing you everyday."

"of course you will," tooru said proudly, swaggering into the room with their father. 

erena rolled her eyes playfully. "i was talking about mum and dad. not you; you don't even live in japan anymore. and that, i think, is the best wedding present."

"lies," tooru said primly, straightening his tuxedo. "i know you miss me."

a staff member then entered the room, holding a basket of milk bread. she bowed slightly to tooru. "your milk bread, sir, from kageyama-san."

"thank you!" tooru grinned and the staff member left. he started munching on the sweet treat. "you know, maybe you and kageyama being together isn't so bad."

"you say that just because tobio kept his promise about giving you milk bread everyday," erena sighed in exasperation. "honestly, i'm surprised he isn't broke now because of you."

the conversation was interrupted yet again as yachi poked her head into the room. "the wedding is about to start!"

"we have to go," oikawa eichi stood up, and with the exception of erena, the rest of the family followed suit and exited the room. "we love you, erena."

and then erena was alone in the room and it was silent.

fifteen minutes later, she was walking out on the aisle with all eyes on her. yachi, the maid of honour, was walking in front of erena. her family was seated on the first row alongside kageyama's. the karasuno men's volleyball team was here too, brimming with pride that their kageyama was getting married. and, of course, hinata was best man like he had promised since high school.

erena stopped at the end, raising her head to meet kageyama's storm eyes that she had fallen in love with. they both simultaneously smiled before exchanging their vows. 

the two who had many fond memories of each other leaned forward to exchange the deal of tying the knot and making many more fond memories as they grew old together.

kageyama's lips tasted like plain milk.

and for once, erena liked the taste. 

┗━━━━•✧*̥✧•━━━━┛

a final note coming soon ;)

word count: 479