[29]

┏━━━━•✧*̥✧•━━━━┓

┏━━━━•✧*̥✧•━━━━┓

"erena-chan?"

erena looked up from her phone to see the quizzical face of yachi, her best friend. maybe ex best friend now. 

looking at yachi, erena didn't feel anger. mostly just sadness and...disappointment.

"what're you doing here alone?" asked yachi. "where's kageyama?"

"i told him not to bother to come see me at recess," erena replied flatly.

yachi blinked. "eh? why not? i thought you two were going well?"

"you know, i thought we were going well too," erena clenched her jaw. "so tell me, yachi-san. why did you go ahead and ruin not only my relationship by yamay- kageyama-san, but my friendship with you?"

"i-i don't know what you're talking about, erena-chan."

anger started to arise, an emotion that the usually happy erena wasn't used to. "don't call me that. and don't play dumb. i saw you two yesterday at lunch in the gym. you were having such a good time with kageyama-san, weren't you? and tobio...because of you, he was smiling!"

erena looked down, tears sliding down her face. "tobio's always so grumpy, isn't he? he rarely smiles. as selfish as it sounds, i wanted to make him smile. i wanted to be the one that brightened up tobio's face."

"erena-chan..." yachi trailed off. 

"i said, don't call me that!" erena shouted. "don't pretend as if we're friends. i want to make tobio smile so badly, and i want to be his girlfriend so badly, and i actually thought that i had a chance! but then you came in, and you became the person that i want to be. that hurts so damn much. and you know what the saddest thing is?"

erena took a step forward towards yachi. "if it meant that tobio is happy, i will experience this pain again and again."

┗━━━━•✧*̥✧•━━━━┛
this book was supposed to be super fluffy, oh well-

 word count: 329