[30]

┏━━━━•✧*̥✧•━━━━┓

┏━━━━•✧*̥✧•━━━━┓

erena arrived at the vending machine at an hour she would never had expected to; seven in the morning. 

but it wasn't just any ordinary morning. for the semifinals of the boys volleyball tournament was happening to day. and karasuno would be up against several strong opponents, including her brother's team. 

"tobio!" she called out to the male standing with the team surrounding the bus. 

most of them glanced at her, recognising her instantly. hinata shouyo frowned, whispering to kageyama, "didn't you two have a fight?"

"yeah," kageyama's eyes were glued to erena. "yeah, we did."

his eyes were swimming with confusion, as was everyone else's. erena didn't blame them. she had been blatantly avoiding not only kageyama but yachi and the rest of their friends for almost two weeks now. 

but today was different. kageyama was going to be up against all different kinds of strengths today, and erena didn't know if he could defeat them. what she did know was that even if kageyama didn't return her feelings, erena wanted kageyama to win and soar high into the sky of victory. 

she knew that she would hate herself if she didn't support kageyama because he didn't return her simple high school feelings. 

kageyama approached her, signature plain milk in hand and confusion written all over his face. "why're you here? yachi-san and i tried to talk to you for so long only to have you ignore us."

she stared at the ground. "i know."

"and," kageyama took a deep breath. "what you saw in the gym that day-"

"i'm not here to talk about that," erena interrupted, trying to act like that memory had been haunting her for a while. she held out another victory token with swirling golden kanji and averted her eyes, slightly blushing. "i-i wanted to give you this."

"it's beautiful," he breathed.

her eyes sparkled, almost returning to her happy self again at the compliment. "really? thank you so much! i made it myself!"

she corrected herself instantly, putting on a grumpy demeanour, "i mean, whatever."

kageyama chuckled. "for a dumbass, you're pretty cute."

"don't," erena said, ignoring the facts that her cheeks lit up at those words. "shouldn't you be saying that to yachi, not me?"

kageyama opened his mouth but erena interrupted again. "never mind. i-i don't want to hear it. and just so you know, i think i'll still ignore you for the time being. it may sound petty, but i just don't think i'm ready for that."

"erena," kageyama said softly, said person stunned at the use of her name without honorifics. "i will make you talk to me. just you wait."

and he looked at her with determination that exceeded any she had seen in volleyball matches.

┗━━━━•✧*̥✧•━━━━┛

aaaa this took long sorry, but i made the chapter longer. i hope you enjoyed it uwu

word count: 486