[41]

┏━━━━•✧*̥✧•━━━━┓

┏━━━━•✧*̥✧•━━━━┓

erena approached the vending machine as usual, but this time she was slightly frowning as kageyama wasn't the only one there, but the whole of his volleyball team. 

upon seeing her, there was a chorus of greetings. she smiled, saying, "hey, everyone! um, not to be rude or anything, but why are you here?"

"you want some alone time with kageyama, don't you?" tanaka said with a sly grin. upon hearing this, erena blushed slightly as it was true and sugawara jabbed at tanaka's stomach.

"tanaka, don't ignore her question like that," sugawara grinned slightly as tanaka groaned in pain. "we're here because-"

"we didn't believe that you two really started dating!" hinata jumped in. "i mean, we thought kageyama was just making it up as another one of his pretend scenarios."

erena smirked. "'another'?"

"shut it, hinata boke!" kageyama exclaimed, going red from embarrassment.

but it was nishinoya who answered erena's question with a matching smirk. "sometimes on the bus back home, kageyama would sleep talk about you and him dating. it was as if he had created fake scenarios in his head and gone to sleep dreaming of them."

"how pathetic," tsukishima scoffed, which earned him a series of glares.

"i think it's cute," erena giggled, taking hold of kageyama's hand and squeezing it, pretending that she didn't do the same. 

"wait, so you two really are dating?" hinata asked, his eyes shining.

kageyama scowled. "that's what i've been trying to tell you this whole time, dumbass."

"wow," hinata said softly. "maybe you'll really have a wedding in which i'll be best man in."

"t-that's too soon, moron," kageyama stuttered, flushing red.

but behind her back, erena crossed her fingers, wishing that what hinata said would come true. 

┗━━━━•✧*̥✧•━━━━┛

guess who published this chapter late bc they were crying over the we are bulletproof: the eternal mv  ahaha not me

word count: 317