HANGING AROUND

[We're still talking about yesterday]

Jughead's POV
When the school ended, I looked for Betty, so we could go home together, but I couldn't find her. Suddenly, my phone buzzed and it was a message from her saying:

If you are looking for me, I wanted you to know, that I went at Archie's with him. His mother invited me for launch, so don't worry, I didn't get lost. See you<3<3

Wow, so she went at Archie's house WITH him and she's saying, that his mother invited her. And why didn't she invite me, as well? She knows that I'm Archie's best friend and she likes me. I don't get it. I really don't.

So, I went to Dilton's bunker, for a reason and stayed here for a while. I was bored, though. I wanted someone to keep me company and most importantly, to buy me food from Pop's.

I thought about Toni, but she was probably at Cheryl's. Then of Fangs and Sweet Pea, but nah..I also thought of Kevin, but he was surely working on his musical, so I didn't want to bother him. And then, BINGO!

Veronica! I texted her, not being so sure about what I was doing.

VERONICA

Hi, Veronica. Wanna hang out?

Sure, Jughead. Where are you?

At Dilton's bunker.

Be there in 10'. Wanna buy you smthng from Pop's?

You asking that?

Got it! See you.

See you. Don't be late! I'm hungry.

Okay, mr. 'I'm married to burger's'.

I laughed on what Veronica had sent. Hmm, she seemed a bit excited to come over. Maybe, I was judging her for no reason all those years. Ah, Veronica, I'm serious, that I'm really hungry. Don't be late, please.

●●●

Veronica's POV
Jughead wanted us to hang out. Well, that's new. Maybe, I was being a bit too judging with him. I mean, when he's being nice to me, I seriously think, that we could make the perfect friendship and I'm kinda glad, that he had asked me to be his friend.

I quickly wore some comfortable clothes and went to Pop's. Why is he always hungry? How can he be? I got my ordered and headed to Dilton's shelter/bunker.

I got in and saw Jughead waiting for me.

"Hi, Jughead!"

He just looked at me, his mouth was almost open. Well, at this point, I think, I could call it, staring.

"What is it? Am I such a mess?"

"No, I've just...never seen you with clothes like that. I mean...you look uhm b-beautiful."

"Oooh, did you just called me beautiful, Jughead Jones?"

"I-I did..."

"Thank you."

I smiled at him and he was obviously blushing. Oh, Jughead Jones, I knew that deep down inside of you, you kinda liked me.

I handed him the bags I had gotten from Pop's and he opened them, grabbing his food and eaiting it in like 5 minutes?

"Wow, relax!"

"What? I didn't eat it fastly."

I laughed and he laughed along with me.