THE BREAK UP

{Three months later...}

Jughead's POV
It's been three months since Ronnie and I started dating. We love each other a lot. Betty and Archie bother us all the time at school, but we just ignore them and walk away, always holding our hands together. Hiram Lodge has stopped threating Ronnie about taking my life away and she has calmed out. As for Cheryl, Kevin and Toni, they always take pictures of us hugging or kissing and they follow us constantly.

It was Sunday and I was in the bed, cuddling with Veronica.

"Ron, we should get up."

"Five more minutes!"

I kissed her neck.

"But we should eat some breakfast."

"I just wanna lay here with you all day, Jug."

"Me, too, my queen. But we have to get up. It's almost ten o'clock."

"Fine.."

We kissed and got up. Kevin texted me to meet him at Pop's and get some breakfast there and so did we.

●●●

[In the evening]

Veronica's POV
I was reading a book, when Jughead rushed in the living room and told me that we had an emergency. I suggested to inform the other Serpents, too, but he said, that the person who texted him wanted only us. I was a bit scared. I wore my jacket and hopped on the motorbike with Jughead.

"Jug, I'm going to see the message. Where is your phone?"

"In my pocket."

"Okay."

I put my hand in his pocket and found his cellphone. I opened the message from the unknown number.

UNKNOWN

Meet me at the Sweetwater River in ten minutes if you want your little princess to be alive. And don't you dare to bring someone else with you or call the police.

"Jughead, what is this?"

"I don't know who sent that. I just want you to be alive, princess. We'll be there in three minutes."

I sighed and put his phone back in his pocket. To be honest, I was really scared. Who would want to kill me? Well, except Betty, Archie, Hiram, Hermosa and all the people I know. Juggie is going to keep me safe, though. I know he will.

●●●

"We arrived."

He helped me get off his bike and I instantly hugged him.

"I-I don't want to die, Jug. I'm so scared."

"I won't let anyone touch you, queen. And you don't have to be scared for as long as I am here. Look at me."

He lifted my chin up and made me look at him.

"I love you."

"I love you, too."

We started kissing and after a few seconds, I heard a voice that terrified me. My eyes widened and I instantly pulled away from the kiss.

"Mija, seems like you are seriously in love with the Jones' boy."

"Hiram?! What the hell? You texted Jughead!"

"Congratulations, mija."

"Back off, Lodge. You won't touch even a piece of her hair."