Chapter Twelve

Habang naglalakad papunta sa cafeteria ay hindi maalis alis sa isip niya ang ibinalita ng kapatid sa kanya kani-kanina lang. Itinagilid niya ang ulo, still couldn't get over the news.

"So he woke up, huh..?"

"Hm? You saying something, Caye?"

Napalingon siya kay Brooke bago umiling. "Wala. It's nothing."

Pagdating nila sa cafeteria ay agad na silang umorder. Pagkaupo nila ay agad na nilantakan ni Brooke ang pasta na nasa pinggan nito.

"By the way, summer break is fast approaching. Do you want to have a vacation at our rest house in Hawaii with me? I'll take my dad's private jet with us."

She thought about it for a moment. Going to Hawaii with Brooke will sure be fun. Besides, she have never been to Hawaii before. This will be a great opportunity for her to go there. All expenses paid.

Hindi ka umuwi last summer. Uuwi ka naman ngayong taon hindi ba?

Agad nawala ang ngiti niya ng maalala ang sinabi sa kanya ng kuya niya. Last summer, she spent it with Brooke. If she spent this year's summer with her again, paniguradong magtatampo na ang kuya niya.

"I can't.."

Napatigil sa pagsubo ng pasta si Brooke.

"Why?"

"I promised my brother I'll go home this summer."

Brooke pouted. "Can't you go home on Christmas instead? The beach will be so much wonderful and fun, Caye. Besides, you haven't been in Hawaii, right?"

"No but I really can't this time, Brooke. Maybe next summer."

Brooke sighed. "Fine.. It's just so sad because the coming months before summer, we'll be really busy. We'll have recitals and tiresome practices. We'll see each other after summer na.."

"Yeah, I know. But don't worry, I'll try hanging out with you before summer vacation starts"

"You should."

Four months has passed. Ganoon pa rin ang routine niya. Recitals, exams and concertos. Kahit sina Brooke at Lucas ay hindi na niya nakikita gawa ng kanya kanya nilang mga school activities.

She also have a piece she have to submit dahil sa sinalihang composition competition and the deadline is until five pm today! At four fifty-five na!

I need to hurry... napaka-sungit pa man din Mr. Rafin. Baka hindi niya tanggapin ang submission ko... She said to herself as she reached the stairs. Nasa fourth floor ang classroom nito kaya naman kanda-kumahog siyang umakyat ng hagdan. Good thing she arrived there on time.

Mr. Rafin is one of their oldest music teacher here in Juliard. He had composed many pieces that has won numerous awards in music competitions. He's also a renowned music teacher slash coach so many students here in this school really want to be taken under his wing. Her included.

"Eherm.." She immediately stopped herself praising him in her mind when she heard him clearing his throat.

Nanatili siyang nakatayo sa harap ng mesa ni Mr. Rafin. Ito naman ay nakaupo lang doon at hawak hawak ang music sheet na isinubmit niya. He shifted his eye glasses and looked at the music sheet closely. He neither nod in approval nor shook his head in disapproval. His expression remained neutral as his eyes are fixed on her music sheet.

She bit the insides of her cheek. She's confident with her work. It's clear in there what feelings... what emotions she wanted to convey. Everything she wanted in her music is reflected in her composition so she's pretty much sure he's going to find it interesting and one of a kind..