Chapter Thirty two

"Cayenne, what was that?" Ani Brooke ng makapasok sila sa kanyang kwarto.

Her chest started to heave. She is trembling with so much anger and hate.

"Pack your things, we will leave first thing in the morning. I'll book us a flight back to New York."

Hinarap siya ni Brooke. One look at her expression and a sigh left her lips.

"Can you at least tell me what happened back there?"

Ibinigay niya dito ang sulat ng kanyang kapatid. Naguguluhan man, tinanggap nito iyon at sinimulang basahin. Pagkalipas ng ilang minuto, tulala nitong ibinaba ang sulat.

"Oh my god..." Ang tanging nai-anas nito.

"I am so angry Brooke! I confronted my father. I said I want nothing to do with it. I told him I only want my mother's gallery in my name. That's all I want... but he said..." She took a deep breath. She is so angry it is starting to hurt. "He said I will have to marry Chase! Marry him! Can you believe that?!" Ang mapait niyang wika.

"Well, isn't that a good thing? You love each other..."

Tinapunan niya ng isang nagbabagang tingin si Brooke na siyang ikinatigil nito.

"My father gave him my brother's cornea in exchange of him marrying me and handling the company." Isang mapait na tawa ang pinakawalan niya. "I'm just the price to pay for him to see again, Brooke. And that is after he swore to me he never wanted anything from my family."

Natahimik ito.

"What did Chase tell you?" Tanong nito pagkaraan. "Did he deny it? Did he-"

"He confirmed it! He fucking rubbed it my face! He said he'd do anything to see again!"

"I'm so sorry, Caye..."

Sunod sunod na luha ang kumawala sa kanya.

"I believed all his lies... He just used me to get what he really wanted and I've been so stupid... so damn stupid..."

Brooke's arms went around her. "Shh... hey... remember what we talked about at few days ago? About first love and first relationship? You're allowed to just be happy, make stupid decisions and make a fool out of yourself, Caye... What's important is you learn from it..."

Umiling siya. "I don't think I will be able to forgive him, Brooke... It hurts so damn much..."

"Shh... you will be fine... you're strong. You will be fine, trust me."

Hinayaan niya ang sariling umiyak ng umiyak hanggang sa wala na siyang mailuha. She promised herself this is the last time she's going to cry because of him. This is going to be the last time no matter how hurt she's going to be in the future. She promised herself she will never shed a tear for a man again.

This is going to be the last time.

"What is your plan?" Tanong ni Brooke sa kanya pagkaraan.

"I need the gallery, Brooke. Hindi ko iyon kayang bitiwan."

"It's your brother's last wish from you. Na hindi mo pababayaan ang gallery ng mommy mo."

"And I can't just ignore my brother's wishes. Isa pa, importante sa akin, kay mommy at sa kapatid ko ang gallery na iyon. We have so much memories in it..."

"So you mean you'll..."

Mariin niyang ipinikit ang mga mata. Ng muli siyang magmulat, diretso niyang tinitigan si Brooke. Her answer is written all over her face.