Chapter Forty four

He put on her clothes and then tucked her on the bed.

Umupo siya sa gilid ng kama at saka pinagmasdan itong mahimbing na natutulog. She's perfect. From the roots of her hair down to the tips of her toes. She's the most beautiful woman he's ever seen. His eyes zeroed in on her mouth. Napangiti siya sa sarili ng maalala ang mga naganap sa pagitan nila kani kanina lang. She had looked at him as if he's the only one she needs... as if he's the only one she wants. When that look crossed her face while they were making love, he was fucking over the moon.

His eyes went to her ring finger. His smile instantly dropped when he felt like something is missing. And before he could even ponder what he was about to do, he already took her hand in his and slid the gold wedding band on her ring finger that he'd been keeping for almost ten years. She didn't wear it the day of their wedding. He kept her ring because he knew, there will come a time where he would be able to finally put it on her. He knew it would look beautiful on her hand. At hindi nga siya nagkamali...

He bit his lower lip and felt instantly giddy as he stared at the proof of their marriage on her finger. The proof that she is all his and his alone...

He didn't know he'd embrace the married life so easily. But the moment he met Cayenne and married her... it was like everything came right into place... It was like he instantly found where he is supposed to be...

Isang katok ang nagpa-alis ng tingin niya dito.

"Boss."

Napatingin siya sa pinto ng marinig ang boses ni Connor mula sa labas. Tumayo siya at saka binuksan ang pinto.

"What is it?"

"Tumatawag si Boss Mason. Gusto daw kayong makausap."

Bigla siyang napasimangot ng maring ang pangalan ng umistorbo sa gabi niya.

"Okay, give me the phone."

Ibinigay nito sa kanya ang cellphone bago tumalikod. Isang masamang tingin ang iginawad niya sa hawak na cellphone. Mason disturbing his night with his wife got him thinking kung tama ba ang naging desisyon niyang patayuan ng cell site ang tribo.

He would really give anything right now if it meant not hearing from this man for at least a damn week!

He let out a harsh sigh before placing the phone against his ear. "I don't appreciate you calling at this ungodly hour, Mason!" He hissed.

"Did you just gave away the wine I specifically told you to use wisely during your stay there?" Sa halip ay tanong nito.

He frowned. "How did you-- Connor." Sagot niya sa sariling tanong. "Seems like I need to reiterate to my men not to tell you unimportant things that might make you call at fucking two o'clock in the damn morning!"

Mason scoffed. "Unimportant? This is fucking important!" Histerikal na wika nito.

"It's just a fucking wine, Mason! I gave it away as a gift. I used it wisely like what you said. Now that we have settled it's 'usefulness', matutulog na ako." Nauubusan na ng pasensyang sagot niya.

"It's not just a simple wine, you idiot! So go there kung kanino mo man ibinigay ang wine na iyon at kunin mo pabalik!"

His face turned skeptical. "What the hell are you talking about? I already gave it to the leader of this tribe! Getting it back will be a blatant disrespect! Nagiisip ka ba?!"

"Ikaw ang hindi nag-iisip! I gave you an instruction and you didn't follow it!"

He rolled his eyes at what he said. "What? The 'use it wisely' and 'one cup is enough' instruction of yours? Fine! I'll make sure to tell them later so can you now please, let me fucking rest?"