Chapter Sixteen

There are only a few times in her life where she felt childish and immature. Where she did childish and immature things.

The last time she experienced that was in highschool.

The recent experience... was yesterday.

She is not the type to get personal, get childish, or get immature. She tends to keep things to herself. Be it anger or envy.

Envy.

She wants to scoff at the word.

She doesn't get envious. She never.. get envious over something or someone dahil sanay siyang nakukuha ang gusto.

Sa pagtugtog halimbawa, may mga ka-kompitensiya siya lagi pero kailanman ay hindi pa niya nararanasan ang maiinggit sa kanila. For her, it was always the other way around.

But yesterday was an excemption.

For the first time in her life, she felt envious over someone. And because she's new to the emotion, she didn't know how to control it... she wasn't able to control it. The emotion caught her off guard and took the best of her.

This is not me...

Mariin niyang ikinukong ang bato sa kanyang palad, hindi na naituloy na ibato pa iyon sa dagat. She exhaled forcefully. Marahang iniitsa sa buhangin ang hawak hawak na bato.

May isang linggo pa siya dito pero tila gusto na niyang bumalik ng New York.

She stiffened at the thought.

Tsk.. there you go again, Cayenne. Iyan na lang ba ang alam mo? Ang tumakas sa problema?

You're being a coward again.

Marahas siyang napabuntong hininga. Napatingala siya sa langit. Makulimlim na. Mukhang uulan.

Tumayo siya mula sa pagkaka-upo sa buhangin at saka pinagpagan ang kumapit sa may pwetan niya. She turned around to go back to the house but stop short when she saw who's inside one of the huts near the stone stairs.

What is he doing here when she wants to be alone?

With a frown and a serious face, naglakad siya palapit sa kubo. Tumigil siya sa bungad at pinagmasdan itong nakaupo doon habang may pasak pasak na earphones sa tenga. Konektado iyon sa isang pamilyar na recorder na nakapatong sa ibabaw ng mesang gawa sa kawayan.

She scoffed.

He's listening to her music again, isn't he?

She bit her lip. Suddenly, watching him listen to her music didn't sit well in her gut.

Tiim bagang na humakbang siya dito palapit at saka hinablot ang earphones na nakapasak sa tenga nito.

He stiffened.

"What are you doing here?"

It took him a while to answer.

"Nagpapahangin.." Sagot nito pagkaraan. Then he gave her a small smile. "You too?"

Frowning, she stared at him intently. It's weird not to see an ounce of anger on his face as he stares at her considering what she had said and done to him yesterday. Is he for real? Or is he just trying to deceive her with his nice guy act?

She couldn't help but scoff again.

"Stop smiling at me like that. There's no one here aside from us so drop the act."

Unti unting nabura ang ngiti nito. He was silent for a moment.

"I'm not acting, Cayenne--"

"Senyorita. I didn't give you permission to call me by my name." She said bitchily.