Chapter 7: Where Are You?

The ball landed in the setter's position perfectly. I stood up to see everyone staring at me in awe.

"You play volleyball L/N?! I knew it!" Hinata said yelling in your face.

"I don't." You say.

"But you digged the volleyball perfectly! You were like a pro playe-" He says before he got cut off.

"I never was on a team before. I practice by myself. Or with my brother." The last word got caught on your throat.

Brother.

Y/N POV
Oh how I miss him.

He used to play with me every single day. Emiko was the one who taught me how to play.

I haven't seen my brother in the last 5 years yet I still force myself to think he's still with me.

Ever since he retired from volleyball he wasn't himself. He didn't talk to me anymore. He didn't practice with me anymore.

He locked himself in his room all day.

Then suddenly he disappeared.

Where are you?

Flashback

"Nii-chan! Let's work on receives!" I exclaimed while dragging my brother out to the backyard.

"Don't get yourself dirty like last time again!"
My mother calls out to us while chopping up vegetables for our dinner.

"Don't worry mo-" My brother yelled into the house before I dragged him outside causing us to trip and fall over onto the grass.

Dirt and grass was all over our faces.

"You guys will be the death of me" Our mom said with a dark aura around her and then turned around to go back into the kitchen.

We silently waited for the door to close before bursting out into laughter.

I got up and dusted off some pieces of grass over my shirt and put my hands on my hips.

"Now let's work on receives!"

"Ok, Twinkle." My brother said and got up. We started to practice.

He started calling me this nickname ever since I was born.

"Argh!" I said and stomped my foot on the dirt.

"Twinkle, the trick to a good receive is to follow the ball. It's okay to move around. Your feet is practically glued to the ground!" Emiko said and chuckled.

I put a finger to my eye to drag it down as I stuck my tongue at him.

"Even when the ball is about to touch the ground, dive with every thing you got. Make the ball soar again!" He said with a huge smile on his face.

He was so cool!

Emiko bent down so he could look up at me instead of me looking up at him.

"Hey, you know why I call you Twinkle?" He said while holding one of my hands.

I shook my head.

"It's because your eyes always twinkle. They remind me of stars. They become even brighter when you achieve something." He said with a warm smile.

"You got this F/N." He said and stood up and picked up the ball.

I got into position ready for the ball.

He threw it to me and the ball touched my hands.

When the ball touched my hands it was like millions lightning bolts going throughout my body.

I put my tiny fist up.

"ALL RIGHTTTTT!" I yelled in triumph and looked at my brother.

"There's the twinkle." He said.

End of flashback.

Twinkle.

"Are you okay L/N? You look like you saw a ghost." Hinata said to me.

"I-I need some fresh air for a few minutes." I said and ran out of the building.

Where are you?

🏐

by the way, i kinda revised the the epilogue and first chapter a ᵗᶦⁿʸ bit so you should probably read it again. anyways, thank you for so many reads! wash your hands and stay safe! <3