Chapter 28: Thank You

hi everyone! i'm back :)

this fan fiction is coming to a close, and i know everyone came here for some lovey dovey cliche stuff, but i wanted to end off this book in another way then simply ending  with lover boy and lover girl ending up together. this isn't the last chapter by the way! hope you enjoy <3

><><

"Hey Nishinoya, are fireworks pretty?"

I was never one to like cliche's. Girl and lover boy go to a festival, win prizes, kiss underneath the fireworks, and fall in love. The never ending plot over and over again. But why does my heart burst whenever I think about recreating these things with Noya?

Well, instead of that overused plot, we're sitting on a curb of a driveway in dinosaur onesies, and both of us having a bag full of anime shit. Do I regret it?

Hell no.

I got a dango stick so all is well.

I didn't know waiting for fireworks would take so long, nevertheless dozens of people in front of us. So much people I don't even think I can see the sky to be honest.

What a pity.

"Well, that's up to you to decide." Nishinoya side glanced to me. "But I happen to dislike fireworks."

Then why is he here with me.

"You do know Noya just because it's my first time in the city doesn't mean you have to push yourself trot me to see the fireworks." I cross my arms. "It might just be a major let down anyways."

He takes a look at me.

"Maybe the fireworks aren't pretty, but I think you are" Nishinoya replies and takes my hand.

"You really know how to flatter me, huh?" I take his hand and place it across my chest.

His Thoughts
I can hear her heart. Beating. Once. Twice. Three times. The rhythm was smooth and slightly fast. It felt as if I felt the soul within her , beating ever so slightly. The heart that resided in her.

I wanted her heart to be mine.

><><

And just like that the fireworks exploded into the air.

Colors of all sorts painted the night sky as the two looked over across the bridge. The girl leaned over the bridge to try and reach for the colors.

Never in her life did she feel so complete.

With her and her loved one.

The fireworks the boy seen multiple times before suddenly looked even more beautiful
today than any other day. With her there he wasn't the boy he was before.

Funny seeing the two in matching dinosaur onesies helplessly in love, it was an ironic sight really.

The girl healed onto the boys hand and looked into his eyes. Her E/C eyes started to fill with tears as she looked at the boy she loved.

"Thank you. Thank you, for making me love a person so much again, if I could thank you a thousand times I would.

She leaned over the bridge to see the fireworks clearer.

And she slipped.

As the deafening roars of the fireworks thundered in her ears she heard someone call her name in a piercing scream.