Chapter 30: The Girl I Love

Heart races.

One beat. Two beats.

Faster and faster.

I wait outside her door, hoping to see the girl I love... alive and well on the other side.

Because it's been 365 days without her.

Those days could've been spent, looking at the starts with her. But why look at the stars when I could've just looked at her? She was right there in front to me, for the longest time, and she left within a grasp.

I couldn't save her in time.

I want to be her savior now.

To be hers.

Playing volleyball was different now ever since she fell. Everytime the ball was close to landing in our court I would save the ball with all my might.

Because I couldn't save her.

As if it was a human falling, as if it was her falling I imagined every single one as if it was Y/N. It was a nightmare when I couldn't receive it back. Breakdowns, and uncontrollable sobbing. Because I was the one who could've saved her, but I couldn't grasp onto her.

It really, really hurt.

But I'll be her savior now.

I'll be there when she's down, when she's crying. I'll jump in front of a train for her, start a war, just to be there for her one more time was all I could ask her to do.

I couldn't even place my lips on hers.

"Let me in!" I banged on the hospital door with all my might. I needed to see her.

"Please, let me see her... I need to be the one she sees when she wakes up."

One of the nurses opened the door.

"You... can come in."

The doctor next to Y/N frantically hurried to the door.

"What are you fucking doing? Don't let him in yet! The girl just woke up from a coma after a whole year give her a rest."

The nurse turned towards to doctor. "That boy has been at that girls side every second of the day he could have and you're saying that he isn't able to see her? Get a grip and let the poor boy in."

The doctor grew quiet and silently exited the room. The nurse following behind.

I rush into the room and trip on one of the cable cords. I frantically hurry back up and sit down next to her on her bed.

"Y/N? Y/N,are you there? Please, answer ?"

Her eyes were still closed.

Silence.

Her eyes slowly fluttered open.

She uttered the words that made my heart break.

"Who, who are you?"

It hurt.

I clutch my chest a bit and look at the alive, well girl.
Just like when she left. It's still her. Still the girl I fell in love with. There's no differences whatsoever.

I turn my head towards her and place my hand on hers.

"I'm your lover."

She looked at me, really looked at me. It was silent as she observed my face. She brushed her fingertips over my nose, my jawline, and finally my lips. 

She placed two fingers on my lips and then placed the fingers that touched my mouth on her lips.

Our first kiss.

She smiled.

And the stars shined bright again.

"Looks like I hit the jackpot!"

END