Chapter 14: Sleepy

"45...46...47..."

Yui was calling out the numbers while you were doing push-ups.

"48...49...50!"

You collapsed on the gym floor.

"Michimiya-San! Why do you have to be so harsh? No on else is doing this and I just got here

"Michimiya-San! Why do you have to be so harsh? No on else is doing this and I just got here." You said almost in tears.

While you were in work out labor, the rest of the team was doing normal training.

"Sorry Chibi-Chan! But since you joined late you need to get in shape. You do want to be a libero, correct?" She asked with a sly smile on her face.

You deadpanned.

"Now come on! We still have three more sets of this!" She said happily.

"Please spare me."

It's a good thing that you your volleyball practices are only in the morning, which means you're still able to help manage the boy's volleyball team after school.

                                         ~

You ran to the gym as fast as you could. When you got to the gym doors you slammed it open.

"I...am...here!" You exclaimed trying to catch your breath with your hands on your knees.

"Are you okay L/N? You seem tired." Kiyoko asked you kneeling down concerned.

"I'm fine. Now what do you need me to help with?" You replied wanting to get straight into work.

Ever since you joined the girls volleyball team you have been getting more and more tired. The dark bags under your eyes made it completely obvious.

You were collecting the balls when you almost slept on the spot holding a volleyball in your hands with your face facing the gym floor.

"L/N. You need some rest. You're overworking yourself." Kiyoko said sternly and took your wrist, almost dragging you over to a spot on the floor next to your bag.

"But you need help! I'm here to help you out, that's what I signed up for." You said arguing with her.

"It's fine. What's more important is your health. We're going to Tokyo in a few days and you need your strength back." She said and put you on the floor.

"No I will not res-" You said before your eyes grew heavy and you're head fell on your bag.

Kiyoko ruffles your hair like a mother and walked back to the coaches.

"Is L/N okay?" Coach Ukai asked her.

"She's fine. Just overworking herself. She was stubborn about it but fell asleep." Kiyoko replied.

"That's good, she needs her rest. L/N has already done so much for the team already and she's in the girls volleyball team. She's a hard working girl." Tadeka said.

"Ah! L/N is so cute while sleeping!" Tanaka exclaimed when he noticed you sleeping on the floor.

You had your arms wrapped around your knees while you're head rested on your bag.

The team swooned and swarmed over you, while some got their phones from their bag and taking pictures of you.

Tsukishima pulled out his phone and took a picture.

"Why are you taking a picture Tsukki?" Yamaguchi asked. Usually Tsukishima wouldn't give a damn about this kind of stuff.

"Blackmail." He replied though Yamaguchi didn't believe it.

"Ah! I'm gonna post this on Instagram!" Tanaka exclaimed as he flipped the phone around to selfie mode and took a picture as he did a peace sign.

"Cheese!"

"L/N really overworked herself. It's good that she's taking a rest." Daichi said to the third years with a smile on his face.

Nishinoya started flapping his arms in front of everybody and yelling at them.

"Hey! She's sleeping! Leave her alone." Nishinoya said protectively in front of you.

The crowd dispersed as they went back to their training.

Before Nishinoya joined his team he got his bag and took out his jacket, carefully placing it over you. He quickly took a picture and looked at your sleeping figure.

"You need to stop overworking yourself L/N." He whispered to you caressing your face. "I wish you knew how much I care about you"

He got up and jogged back to his team.

                                       🏐

ok so like just recently i checked how many views this book got and OH MY LORD. 5K? AS IN 5,000? IM ABOUT TO JUMP OFF A CLIFF. wOW THANK YOU SO MUCH? i started this book spontaneously and i didn't know it would get this many reads. thank you so much! < 3