Chapter 8: Twinkle In Her Eyes

You sat down on the steps in front of the gym.
The cold air made you feel calm and relaxed. Your eyes closed and a small tear dropped down your cheek.

"Are you okay?" said a voice right next to you.

You quickly looked to your side to be staring straight at Hazel Eyes.

You quickly flicked the tear off of your cheek.

"O-oh I'm fine! I just need some, um fresh air." You reassured him and quickly looked away to avoid contact because if you didn't you would most likely get lost in his gaze.

"Why are you here anyway?" You asked in a quiet voice.

"I had a sudden urge to follow you. I wanted to make sure you were okay." He said not dropping the gaze. "What happened back there anyways?" He asked.

"I-uhm... Is it best if I don't tell you? I don't want to break down in front of a really attractive person-" You quickly covered your mouth with your hands at the last few words.

"O-oh thanks for the compliment L/N-Chan!" He said with a smile on his face and a hint of blush.

Chan? This guy will be the death of me. Although I wouldn't complain.

You shook off your thoughts.

"I never asked for your name." You said while slowly getting up.

"My name is Nishinoya Yuu." He said with a smile.

"Then let's be friends Noya-Senpai!" You said with a big smile.

"I would like that." He replied with a slight blush on his cheeks.

There was a comfortable silence between the two of you.

"You received the ball perfectly. Maybe you can practice with me sometime?" He asked.

"I would love to Noya!" You exclaimed with a grin.

Nishinoya POV

My heart was beating so fast and my palms were sweaty. Butterflies were fluttering around my stomach.

When I saw her crying... I wanted to hug her and hold her. Tell her everything was going to be alright.

Sure I had crushes on my favorite volley ball idols and of course Kiyoko-San.

But, she had something that everyone else didn't.

There was a twinkle in her eyes when she talked to me.

It was like stars stretching out across the night sky.

Like when you see a shooting star.

That twinkle..

I want to see that twinkle everyday.

🏐

sorry for all the cHeEsY chapters but i've been motivated to write chapters like this because like how the title says... they are falling in love! KISS, KISS, FALL IN LOVE, DDU DDU DDU DDU- i'm so sorry. anyways there will be more actual talking in the next chapter. remember to wash your hands and stay safe. i love yuu- i mean you!

i'm sorry i can't help myself with all these nishinoya puns. i will make it up to all of yuu next time!

i hate myself