Chapter 24: The Pain

"So then they fuc-" You said before Nishinoya covered his hand over your mouth.

"Sugawara said that if he hears you curse one more time he's gonna wrap a a cloth around your mouth to prevent you from speaking." Nishinoya said. He realized he had his hand over your mouth and blushed furiously before setting his arm back at his side.

"Kinky." You muttered.

The two of you were still on the levee about a mile away from the city. You were enjoying each other's company and talking about the most random stuff.

"L/N"

"Yes da-" You replied before he gave you a death glare.

"What happened to your brother."

Your breath caught in your throat. Clenching you're fists you quickly looked down at your feet and started trying to console yourself.

"It's not your fault, it's not your fault." You whispered and started trembling. "H-he didn't leave because of you.

Nishinoya stopped walking and looked over to you. His eyes widened.

"Hey.." He quickly turned over in front of you to stop you from walking. Nishinoya restrd his hands on your shoulders.

"Look at me."

"No."

"L/N."

"Nishinoya."

"Please."

You clenched your eyes shut. Nishinoya though put one finger under your chin. Slowly he raised his finger tilting your head up to look at him.

"Please open your eyes."

Your breath stopped at the calming voice. Inhaling deeply you slowly started to open your eyes showing a concerned Nishinoya.

"Did I ever tell you that you're pretty Noya."

"Shut up."

You giggle and look down at your shoes again.

Silence.

"He left us." You finally managed to let out. "I don't know why." Frustrated and hurt, you clenched your eyes shut to prevent tears from falling out. Last thing you wanted him to think about you was being weak.

"Our age gap was so big yet we got along so well. We were inseparable." You smiled at the though. "Until we were separated."

"Why did he have to leave. He could've took me with him. Did he not love me anymore? Did those days under the stars with just me and him mean nothing to him? Was that useless fucking nickname he gave me all those years meant nothing to him?" You were angry. The tears were coming out and your voice was strained. The tightness around your neck made it as if there was a rope tightly tied around your neck. The space between the rope and your neck getting tighter and tighter the more you talk about your loved one.

"That stupid nickname that brings me to tears every time I think about it." You cried. It felt as if someone was strangling you. "He left me alone. He was my only friend, a father figure, my soulmate." You strangled out and started to punching a nearby tree. Bloodied fists you kept hitting and hitting ignoring the shouting in the distance.

"He. Was. Never. Here. For. Me."

The sudden warmth encircled you as you fell back onto the first path. You had the worst crying hiccups. Tears were all over your face and your cheeks were blushed. The tightness around your neck became unbearable. Your bloodied fists hurt like hell. The pain enveloped around you and was sealed shut.

An angel whispered in your ear.

"I'm here."

And he opened your envelope and read the letter of all the pain you felt your whole life.

So, he erased it.