Chapter 29: 365 Days

365 days without you.

Y/N L/N fell off a bridge in Tokyo exactly one year ago.

She's been unconscious for one year.

But she's still breathing.

That's all that matters.

><><

"Y/N-Chan!" Walking into the familiar hospital room I take a seat in the chair I sit on everyday after volleyball practice.

When Y/N was admitted into the hospital I considered about quitting the team right then and there, even dropping out just so I can spend every second there with her. So I can be the one who she sees when she wakes up. She will wake up.

"Y/N... I got you a present."

I pull out a white gift bag from the inside of my school bag.

"I'll open it for you."

I take out the wrapping inside and pull out a pink dinosaur stuffed animal.

"You like it? It kind of reminds me of the onesie we both wore... I knew you would like something stupid like this, you were, extraordinary if I were to say."
I took her left hand into my hands. They were skinnier and paler than before, but they were still hers.

The doctors said that she would have some memory loss when she wakes up. I'm fully aware of that. As long as her heart is still beating I have no care in the world except just being there for her. I will never leave her side again.

"Y/N, it's a new year huh? No third years... The goodbye to Sugawara, Daichi, Asahi, and Kiyoko was tough. You were supposed to be out manager this year. Gladly Yachi took over the spot for you." I smile and warm her hands with my thumb. "Oh, speaking of Yachi she told me to bring you some
banana milk, she knows it's your favorite."

I giggle slightly as I recall certain memories.

"Remember when you purposed to Yachi in front of the whole school? With a Ring Pop of all things. She still wears that plastic ring everyday too... Damn I never wanted to be blondie so much before." I hoarsely laughed.

"When Kageyama and Hinata were fighting you were doing a TikTok. And out of all things WAP? Really? Yachi was screaming for us for her life while you were shaking your ass in front of a camera?"

I take the banana milk and place it on Y/N's bed side table and continues talking.

"In the winter, the first day it was super cold there was no heater in the gym at the moment so you stole everyone's jackets, including the teachers and wore it all. How did you even manage to get them all on? You were running around the school looking like blueberry girl from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory while an angry volleyball team chased you."

Taking her hands once again I smile. And look outside. It was another winter without her.

My heart felt so, cold.

The doors of Y/N's roomed opened as many nurses
rushed in.

"W-what's happening?" As Y/N's daily nurse pushed me out.

"She's waking up."