Sun and Spring: Ch 20

You did not dream, your night was empty. And so to was your energy when you woke upon the morning light. 'Why?' You questioned. Annoyed and flabbergasted that such a long sleep had provided no refreshment.

As you lay motionless on your bed, wishing to once again fall into unconscious, you hear shuffling. Turning your head you observe a figure move about the room. She grabs things and packs them and then moves on to grab more things. At one point she feels your gaze and turns slowly to face you scrunching her face as she speaks, "sorry. Did I wake you?" Her face is painted with concern and pity at your current state.

Noticing this you can only sigh and shake your head saying, "no, your good. It was the light," as you move to the side of the bed.

She watches you for a moment before returning to pack her bags. You are glad she did because if she had done so even a moment later she would have seen your weak legs send you plumiting into your bed.

You sat up quickly, dizziness rushing to your head, as you once again placed your feet on the floor and pushed up from the bed in attempt to stand. You succeeded this time and walked on shaky legs to the bathroom.

Analysing yourself in the mirror you noticed a few things. Firstly, you looked a mess; hair flowing in all directions, clothes still your day wear from yesterday but now littered with kinks and wrinkles, your completion was pale and this highlighted the dark circles that lived under your eyes and made you look like a sickly panda.

And these ringed marks brought you to the second order of business, the strange shadows. The ones that resided on your neck were now in clear view, no longer hidden by your coat. You panicked and tried to hide them, unsuccessfully, with your hands before you remembered that you were alone. Sighing you peeled your hands away, moving closer to the mirror. The mark on the front of your neck was slightly darker then the one on the back and those on your wrist and collarbone, but you still couldn't figure out what the weaving pattern was.

Worrying that there could be more you took off your shirt and turned around, facing your back to the mirror. You blinked, shocked that there were so many dark shadows on your back, each one covering a large area and being a unique shape. You gulped as your eyes were drawn to your right shoulder. More specifically, the pattern that resided there. It was darker then the rest, quite a bit darker, and as such it's shape was more refined.

'That can't be right', you thought. As you stared intently at it. Some of the pattern looked like feathers. Together they seemed to be forming half a wing, begining at the top of your shoulder and venturing down to your hip.

You think you are going insane, sighing as the only alternative is you magically receiving unwanted, and extreemly painful, tattoos.

You turn viciously, shirt heald high to cover yourself as you hear knocks upon the door. (Y/n) are you going to shower? If not what are you doing in there?" You hear the voice of your friend question and relax your posture.

"Ahhhh one moment," you say as you pull the shirt over your head.

You quickly try to tame your hair with the brush, covering your neck with it. You brush your teeth and splash water on your face before rushing to open the door.

With your head down, hand rubbing the back of it you pass the waiting figure, "sorry, sorry," you say with a light chuckle.

She only looks at you with questions in her eyes before moving on to shower. You release an anxious breath and move quickly to your stash of clothes, looking for something to cover the shadows.

You serched through your limited clothing countless times before you gave up on trying to find an outfit that would be fashionable. Instead you settled for a white turtleneck to hide your neck, some black jeans, this jumper for warmth and to hide your wrist,